BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

What happened to normal window names in ArchiCAD 26?

lan_raleigh
Beginner

The names used to be more descriptive, like Horizontal Multi-Sash Window, etc...?

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 11.54.19 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The libraries are specific to each localization (country/language release).  The names you show are the ones I've always seen in the US.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The libraries are specific to each localization (country/language release).  The names you show are the ones I've always seen in the US.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I recently re-installed the program! That surely changed the names, thank you!

Should I re-install another version to recover the names?

I've never seen names such as "Horizontal Multi-Sash Window" in 23 years of using Archicad.  But, I'm using the USA localization and library.  What localization have you historically been using, and have you installed something different?

Please add a signature to your profile (which will appear with every post as you see with mine) - or provide the information in any post like this with questions - listing your operating system, localization, and the version of Archicad your question is about.

Learn and get certified!