Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Where are additional hotspots: AC14??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that in AC13 they moved the "additional hotspots" for doors and windows to the model view options from the door and window settings. Where are they now? I can't find them anywhere, but it seems like they already have the additional hotspots. Did they just get rid of the option and have it defaulted to additional hotspots?
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
Steve,
I guess you bought the econo upgrade
Just kidding,

Which ones are you missing? Mine show all the nodes appropriate to the detail level setting.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just looking for the setting that says "Show additional hotspots." There used to be a box you check to show more hotspots. I cannot find that box. Was in door or window settings, then got moved in AC13 to model view options. Now I can't find it in either location.
Erika Epstein
Booster
At least in the US library, there no longer is this option in MVOs. The hotspots are all on. The number of hotspots/nodes is relative to its level of detail setting.

The AC reference guide p. 2008 shows an outdated MVO screen shot. The accompanying text is similarly inaccurate.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Does look like they just got rid of the option completely, Steve. Personally, I'm glad that they did, as I always want all hotspots ... and there were dimensioning issues if you dimensioned to an 'extra' hotspot and then turned the 'extras' off in prior releases.

Thanks for catching this.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Good to hear someone else also disliked having to constantly turn on the option. I always like them on as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe this is a related issue. I have created a window by nominating a unit size in parametres and nominating a distance in at either side from the wallhole that is created by the window object.

Autodimensioning works fine in the plan view and the schedule, but in the schedule there seems to be excess material either side of the dimension that reads '820. In other words its showing more than just the window unit.

How can I have just the window unit showing to avoid any confusion?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the additional material that's showing is the exterior casing/trim. I'm unfamiliar with the automatic window schedule, we do it the old fashioned way, so I don't know if you can turn it off just in the schedule view. You can turn it off in the plan view and see what happens...