cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window w/ PTAC UNIT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for a window that has a PTAC (air conditioner unit) below. I was looking if anyone had one to let me know. We do tons of hotels and need one, or I will just have to create one. Let me know if your do.....
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Is the air conditioner ganged or trimmed to the window in some way that they need to be a common unit?

If not, it is easy to make the air conditioner as a window. Build the air conditioner using tools as if it were on the ground, vent up, with the the true origin (0' plane) representing the reference line (outside surface typically) of the wall. Select all of the bits and save as window object - it will then show up in the windows dialog and cut a hole for itself, so it will show up properly in section. If you need a different sized hole (oversize), then create a slab the size of the needed hole as part of the assemblage and give it the ID 'wallhole' before saving.

Totally vague steps above. Step by step in section 2.5 here:
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/downloads/DL's%20for%20GraphisoftUS/Introduction%20to%20Object%20Making/I...

[Something wrong with the forum software - you'll have to copy/paste the link above to get it to work.]

The above book by David Nicholson-Cole used to be part of the standard ArchiCAD documentation distribution. It does not seem to be part of the help files any longer, for reasons I cannot fathom. Thankfully, GS US uploaded a PDF copy at the link above.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB