cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

When are all the Library Part bugs going to be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When 10 first came out there were so many bugs in the library parts, especially doors. So I brought this to the attention of Graphisoft Australia. 9 or so months later, still waiting for fixes. Every other week I come across another part that has a bug. And where are the awning windows?

Graphisoft needs to get off they arse and fix these parts. Nothing more puts a halt to your day than a crap library part and spending time looking for workarounds.

FIX THEM NOW!
8 REPLIES 8
TomWaltz
Participant
There was a library patch not too long ago. Were you still having problems after that?
Tom Waltz
Stress Co_
Advisor
sam66 wrote:
Mac OS 10.7
.....is that a Lion?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
There was a library patch not too long ago. Were you still having problems after that?
Not for the Australian version, we are still waiting. I did check out the international version and some of the bugs still exist in that version. A lot of the bugs aren't immediately apparent, it's when you change the parameters that the object goes wrong.

Bugs can still be found in:
Door panel style 1 when "Opening Line in 3D" is selected
Threshold length for a door set to nominal opening
D1 Storefront 3 10
D2 Storefront 3 10
D2 Storefront 1 10
W Storefront 3 10
D1 Entrance Side 1 10
Vent Window
storyMarkerAus 10
W Niche 10

There are still no Awning Windows

What frustrates me is that these issues were reported ages ago and nothing has been done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't use Storefronts 10. Too many bugs. Where is the quality control? Does anyone at Graphisoft test these parts by selecting different parameters?

We pay so much for this software and for us to have to put up with these bug ridden library parts is just unacceptable. All the great new features of 10 become irrelevant when you have to spend half your day looking for work arounds.

PLEASE FIX THEM!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
D Curtain Wall Doub Door 10 has a major bug when you turn off the top panel and/or transom the wall hole remains as if they were still there.

So Storefronts are stuffed, curtain walls are stuffed and now I'm stuffed.
Djordje
Ace
I suppose that you HAVE checked for the library updates under the Help pull down menu?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
I suppose that you HAVE checked for the library updates under the Help pull down menu?
Yes.

The Australian version hasn't been updated since 10 was released. The international has had one update. I checked the updated international version and the majority of bugs still exist.

I have been using Archicad for over 10 years and have found this library the most bug ridden by a mile.

My biggest gripe is I went through the proper channels six months ago and nothing has happened. I am doing Graphisoft a favour by bringing this to their attention. Many users just accept it. But I feel these issues need to be fixed. Consider if I was a new customer, how I would be feeling if all these parts didn't work. I would wonder why I bought the software. It is in Graphisoft's best interest to fix them as soon as possible.

Nothing more puts a halt to productivity than a defective library part and the time taken to look for a work around.

All I asked is that these parts are fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sam66 wrote:
Don't use Storefronts 10. Too many bugs.
I completely empathize with my Aussie friend - it was dismaying, frustrating, and time-consuming using those parts under deadline. Ugh. Just tried to use them last night.

The bug I came up against: certain dimensional settings for the mullions (can't remember what right now, but nothing unusual) fixes the middle bar just ove a foot above the bottom of the window - the dimension becomes fixed and cannot be changed!