Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

customizing my symbols

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create my own markers (section, elevation.....etc..) to give my drawings a more personalized feel. Of course, I know almost no GDL code, but I can draw what I want and save that as an object, and I can poach code from graphisoft . I am have successfully made my section marker symbol work except for the following 3 items: 1) the drawing number fails to show when set to "refer to drawing" 2) if the section is at an angle - one of the markers (don't know if it is the first or second marker) displays the text horizontally, the other one rotates the opposite (wrong) way 3) the section line extends to the center of the marker circle, rather than the edge of the circle or arrow head. I poached the code for the text from the NCS Section marker from the AC10 library. Any tips for how to make this work would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott:

The object you posted is of the "Model Element" subtype, rather than the "Section Marker" subtype, which is required for the type of symbol you want. Also, the 2D Script has only some hotspots, lines and a fill, with none of the text elements a part of this type needs, and none of these elements are parametric. You will need to post the marker object you have created. Marker symbols are a rough spot to start writing your own GDL code. You might be better off taking the NCS marker from Graphisoft, and trying to modify its graphic representation so you don't have to deal with the auto referencing features.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops, posted the wrong object obviously, I figured the text part was going to be difficult, that is why I copied line for line, the entire text section of the NCS object, auto linking to the sheet works just fine, just the drawing number dissappears. I have attached the proper object now.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott:

I do not know which part you copied to start your own part, but there is a difference (probably more than 1) between your part and the ArchiCAD part. Under the parameters in the ArchiCAD part there is a variable called "GS_ShowDrNo", in your part this variable is called "GS_DrNo" (see attached image). When I changed your variable to "GS_ShowDrNo", then drawing number appeared, as this is the variable called in the 2D script you copied. I was able to figure this out by working backwards through the 2D Script, but this illustrates the problem of trying to copy code from one part to another. This is particularly true of the parts that use auto referencing, as the variables are critical to their operation.

Again, I would recommend starting with an ArchiCAD part that has this working correctly, then starting to change individual graphic elements to your taste, so you do not have to work through the more complex parts of the auto referencing code. Simply copying code from one part to another runs the risk of these types of problems.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, thank you for noticing that fixing that one parameter has fixed my section, elevation, interior elevation, and detail marker! I guess I was working too hard on this, or not hard enough. I understand what you are saying though, I usually i do just try to adjust an object, and I did with this one, but I just could get the results I was looking for. I have just not been able to get my head around the poly2 commands with un-X next x.......
Thanks though - I am in the home stretch now