cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

hiding shadows from specific objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello, i was wondering if anyone out there knew how to write a script so that an object has NO shadows in open GL.. see attached image. i want to make the downlights have no shadows on the floor this is just a screen shot straight from open GL..

i use these open GL images as my finals. I have preset cameras already placed on my layout that i just move into place for each job. I just change their position then update them. using only the open GL.
I use these in my final drawings I rekon they look cool and they don't take any time at all as i don't ever hit the render button. they have a google sketch up sort of feel without the reflection. there are some wierd lines but people don't ever ask about them. changes are so easy i just do changes and update the layouts and I'm done. no rendering times.

I add light to the drawing by making my ceiling materials with transparency setting of 1.. this lets sunlight past through.

i guess a solution to get rid of the downlight object shadow would be to make downlight's materials with transparency setting of 1 as well. That would work

shop view1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

There is a command for that - write
SHADOW OFF
in the beginning of the 3d script.

Hope it helps, have not tested if it works
with OpenGL.
Anonymous
Not applicable