cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how to load labels in label tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im new to archicad 8.1 How does one load the diferent labels to use the label tool. I tried to open the archicad 8.1 library to look for labels to load but I cant find any.
Im just tryng to use the label tool with a square or triangle or circular tag.
My object library is still archived from factory settings. I dont know if I have to "de-archive" (pardon my english) it in order for this to work
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I think learning GDL is a bit more than i wanted to invest at this point.

In the end, i want a hexagonal label with text in the center that corresponds to the Wall Type/Composite. Looks like i'll label the plan with drawing elements.

Thanks for your advice.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
LINZ wrote:
Well, I think learning GDL is a bit more than i wanted to invest at this point.

Nooooo! It's easier than that! Use the window label to label your wall. Sounds stupid but the marker gives a lot of flexibility, like hexagon, font sizes, extension line or not, etc.

Label your wall with any dumb label, then set up a window label to look as you would have your wall label look. Then parameter transfer (alt-click, then ctrl-alt-click) the label part of your window label only. Don't worry, it won't place a window there. Delete your window and use that label for everything. Is that suitable? Parameter transfer for labels is a big help, IMO.
Picture 2.png
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice.

I've done some trial and error with your method.

I used the "D Marker 10" label as a starting point for my window label. I use the Hexagonal Shape, and remove the dimensions from the label.

After I place the window, i then select the attributes, but the entire window is highlighted - not just the marker.

So transferring attributes from the window to the wall is not working for me. Is there something I am overlooking?
Andy Thomson
Advisor
LINZ wrote:
Is there something I am overlooking?
Yeah, label the wall first, before doing anything. It will show whatever dumb label it is set up with by default. Then you alt-click just the label part of the window label (center of the hexagon) you tweaked (no need to delete dims, etc), and then inject this into the dumb wall label, it should turn into your new wall label...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did label the wall first.

I've attached a PDF showing the Hex shape I want on the window and the default wall label on the right. When I transfer attributes, the only thing that changes is the size and font of the text.