cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Storey Number

Anonymous
Not applicable
is their any way of reading the storey number that an object is placed on
14 REPLIES 14
__archiben
Booster
damien wrote:
is their any way of reading the storey number that an object is placed on
according to the GDL reference manual:
REQUEST ("Story", "", index, story_name)
... but i'm not so flash with my GDL knowledge so wouldn't know how to implement it . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks

but i was looking to control number rather than the name so that i could choose which stories to show a particular object on say storey 2-5 excluding storey 1 and below
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Hi Damien

Index is story number
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may be what you can use.

GLOB_CH_STORY_DIST
Old name: S~
Type: numerical (integer value)
Possible range: positive or negative or zero.
Returns a number giving the relative position of the current story to the home story of the Library Part. The value of the variable is calculated by deducting the story number of the home story from the story number of the current story. Since there is no story-related information in the 3D Window, there the variable does not return a valid value.

This is from "Global GDL Parameters General Global Variables"
Written by László Nagy

Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks all should be ok from here
thanks again
Andy Thomson
Advisor
A somewhat related question, I am trying to make a library part to represent switches and light fixtures, that are 'smart' enough to know (and display) their height relative to current story (not project zero or reference levels). I can't think of something similar to ape the code from - can someone suggest such an object, or how to do this?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Frank Beister
Advisor
Have you tried GLOB_ELEVATION?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would the "Show Element Information" Palette work for you? It will list the items home storey among other things.
Anonymous
Not applicable
andyro wrote:
A somewhat related question, I am trying to make a library part to represent switches and light fixtures, that are 'smart' enough to know (and display) their height relative to current story (not project zero or reference levels). I can't think of something similar to ape the code from - can someone suggest such an object, or how to do this?
Andyro,
try SYMB_POS_Z-GLOB_HSTORY_ELEV

Below is an image of an electrical library I was working on quite sometime ago. All the objects have an option to display height...they also show a basic faceplate at the appropriate height in 3d.

HTH
Dan K
elecht.jpg