Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

library migration 11 to 18

David Bearss
Booster
Still having problems with migrating a collection of apartment buildings. Migrating from 11 right into 18 was problematic and a suggestion was made to integrate an intermediated migration step. Migrating from v11 to v15 shows good results but still some duplicate objects. Migrating from v15 to v18 all v11 objects are dropped and only by installing the v11 library are the restored. Shouldn't these have been converted to v 15 during that migration process?

This is not critical as the projects are workable but will be migrating more projects and would be nice to have a clean solution the works.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
8 REPLIES 8
Try using the "old migration libraries" - they do not load "automagically"
Either paste the content of "old..." to "Migration Libraries" or load them manually.

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Bearss
Booster
Lost me on that one. Have never heard of that. Are they posted and downloadable somewhere?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
It is inside AC folder

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Maudlin
Rockstar
David wrote:
Lost me on that one. Have never heard of that. Are they posted and downloadable somewhere?
On the Mac they are at Applications > Graphisoft > ArchiCAD 18 > Old ArchiCAD Migration Libraries. There are folders for AC12, AC11 and AC10. Should be similar on Windows.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Bearss
Booster
Am again working with some older projects and this migration process continues to fail for me.

I open a v11 project with v15 and migrate and then load old migration library 11 from old migration library directory in Archicad 15 directory. Update and re-load but when opening with v18 all windows, doors and objects are still missing and v11. Obviously missing something.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Bearss
Booster
So fiddling a bit more. Migrated from 11 to 15 and works fine. Opened with 18 and skipped library migration and all is well. A couple of custom parts missing but not to worry. Why the continual problem with library migration from either v11 or v15 to v18.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Barry Kelly
I am no expert on this as I don't use the default Graphisoft libraries.
But if you are migrating from 11 to 15 don't you have to load the migration libraries for 11, 12, 13, 14 and the main 15 library all at the same time?

So the 11 objects migrate to 12 if need be, 12 to 13, etc.
Or are the migration libraries that come with 15 set to migrate directly from 11 to 15?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Bearss
Booster
11 to 15 the libraries do load when I migrate. 11 to 18 or 15 to 18 is the problem.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram