Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

problem with using ligting objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I just downloaded some objects as lighters for my projects but they are not working and there is no kind of lights in my work shining. what can i do ?!
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
We need more information such as which object? Perhaps a screen shot of its settings etc. to begin to help you with this.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.4shared.com/file/210348910/96d37e47/Sconce_1_N280808.html
this is my object.

i try to locate a spot light inside it but its not shining will rendering or viewing. i need to it works as a lamp or light in my porjcet. tanks...
Erika Epstein
Booster
I didn't download it , but first check that the object subtype is LAMP.
To do this you will need to open the object. An easy way is to place the object in plan, select it and open it by File>Libraries and Objects> Open library part
On the upper right click on the button Select Subtype
Under Model Element >Electrical Element and click on Light.
Click on select and then save the change to the part.

This will add the lighting parameters you are looking forthat the object you downloaded may not have had if it wasn't an archicad object.

Also, remember to open the object using the lamp tool, not the library object tool.
HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Erika wrote:
On the upper right click on the button Select Subtype
Under Model Element >Electrical Element and click on Light.
Click on select and then save the change to the part.

This will add the lighting parameters you are looking forthat the object you downloaded may not have had if it wasn't an archicad object.
This will add the parameters, but the 3D Script will need a LIGHT command for the part to emit light in a photorendering.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also place the part as an ordinary object and add a separate light source from the standard lamp library. Kind of like screwing in the light bulb. This is probably the best approach as I suspect you may not be up for the GDL scripting. Writing the code for light sources can be a bit tricky.