Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

title type- editable fill length?

Jefferson
Participant
I have made a title type styled pretty much as I want. I have the auto-text inserted, and the appearance is satisfactory.

I have a custom title I paid to have made some time back and have been copying some of the parameters in attempts to gain the behavior I want with marginal success. I would prefer to be able to edit rotation relative to the drawing, fonts and their pens, and perhaps even fill pens. A lot to ask from a non-speaking GDL driver.

All that said I can live with pens and lack of rotation etc. but would really like capability of stretching the horizontal fill [as shown in attachment], to accommodate varying title lengths......is there a way to accomplish this editable fill length? And if so could I persuade some friendly user to offer up that code I could copy and paste, and direct me where to place code

Can't hurt to ask....thanks for considering this.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
1 REPLY 1
rocorona
Booster
I think it can be done easily, but NOT explained so easily... it depends on the already done script.
Anyway, as an example:
- You need to add a new parameter, let's call it xw (extra width).
- Then find the command, in the 2D script, that draws the fill (usually POLY2_B or similar)
- Now, the command is followed by numbers, much of them are coordinates, you need to find the two that represent the rightmost nodes and put "+xw" (plus extra width) next to them.

Usually the coordinates after the POLY2 command are in single rows, each of them formed by the x-value, y-value, status-code.
If the coordinates are fixed values, you will be able to detect the two x-values with the higher value. If it uses parameters, there are chances that the two searched coordinates have the "A" parameter in it, so you can detect them.... otherwise you need to try one by one, and see...

If you will be able to do this, then I can explain next step: adding an editable hotspot to adjust the length graphically

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10