Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

wa_trim_us10.gsm

Dennis Lee
Booster
I get this error message when I open a V10 file w/ AC11.

"Negative or zero index value at line 401 in the 2D script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm."

I've found out that this is a macro for window accessory trim, and it's located in default 1) AC10 library, 2) AC10 subset library, and also 3) AC11 library.

When I unload 1, and load 2 & 3 as recommended for upgrading V10 files, I get that message. It seems that the problem file is the one included in the AC11 library (even the latest 7/4/07 version).

I can make it work by extracting the file from AC10 library, copy to the same location in the extracted AC11 library, and re-make the container AC11 library.

I am concerned though that if I alter the default AC11 library, there may be other problems in the future, and more things to keep track when there are library updates. Is this ok or is there any other way to deal w/ this kind of problem objects?

Is the AC11 version of the wa_trim_us_10.gsm just buggy? or is it just buggy w/ my AC10 file? I know they fixed this object w/ an update to V10 library, but how come there is still this problem in V11?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This little b_gger just seems to keep causing problems. I fixed a bug in it last year that broke windows placed into profiled walls. The strange thing with your error is that line 401 in the 2D script is empty (except for a couple of tab characters which are of no consequence). This empty line is surrounded by a byzantine collection of IF THEN ELSE conditions having to do with wall skin parameters (similar to what I fixed last year).

Please bring this to GS' attention as a bug (and send along the condition that is causing the error).

In the meantime your solution to use the macro that works should be fine. If it is later fixed by GS then updating your library will not be a problem, and until then you are able to work.

My basic rule of computers:

Use it until it breaks, fix it, and use it until it breaks again.

If along the way you happen to figure out why it broke this information may (or may not) be useful for a few months.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Thanks Matthew,

Yes I saw the "fixed" object you put on the depository, and yes your object seems to work fine, as well as the latest AC10 library object.

What's the best way to send this error to GS? The error gives me an option to stop or continue, but doesn't bring up the bug reporter.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can launch the Bug Reporter directly. It is called GSReport and you can find it in the ArchiCAD folder. It doesn't offer any way to attach files so you can just add a note to e-mail you if they need the file.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Well, I found out that it's not a good idea to mess w/ the standard AC library parts - for my level at least...

And I was able to solve this problem by narrowing down the source of the problem doors.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=96114#96114
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!