Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

where is the detail library

Anonymous
Not applicable
in the tutoral to archicad, when talking about sections, it says that you can merge an existing dwg. file into your model.
it takes it from a detail libray that should be in the library folder, but i do not have this.

if it does not come with one where can i download existing librarys from, because i am not familiar with section building and would like to make it easier for myself.

thanls
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone else care to help?
We still don't know which tutorial you are referring to (there are several available from the GS website). I would suggest you contact your reseller.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
THE GUIDE IS CALED THE "ARCHICAD GUIDE" IT HAS 10 CHAPTERS. ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW S IF ANYONE HAS A DETAIL LIBRARY
Anonymous
Not applicable
ANYONE?????????????????/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kray,

I presume it is the 'BIM experience kit' you are refering to - the one where you build the Massaro House by FLW.

Generally the files for any of the training modules are installed by default under - C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\

The BIM experience kit is found under -

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD BIM Experience\Chapter 01

Hope that helps!
Karl Ottenstein
Kray345...

A little attitude adjustment is needed on your part here. People need to know your location (not 'computer') as the regional versions of ArchiCAD differ in library content, and they need the info that everyone has politely asked for to provide an answer.

Shouting is not necessary - you are the one who is not being clear about what you are asking about.

What detail library are you talking about? One that is referenced in the downloaded guide, or one that you wish existed? Get specific. There are detail-oriented parts in certain libraries.

Karl, in moderator mode
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok my question to everyone out there is - is there a detail libray you can download that already has detailed, labeled sections of say the connection between the roof and wall or foundations etc.

i have been very patient and responded to all your questions - forums are supposed to be user friendly and be able to help those who are just getting to know the programme

any help would be apreciated
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you peter clarke for a positive response. however i would like to know if there is a larger detail libray in the actual programe as the tutorial only has 3 details to it
Thomas Holm
Booster
KRAY345 wrote:
thank you peter clarke for a positive response. however i would like to know if there is a larger detail libray in the actual programe as the tutorial only has 3 details to it
Kray whatever, as Karl says, maybe an attitude change would be appropriate. This forum is full of experienced people who voluntarily offer professional-level help and support for free - or more adequately, on their own expense. If you browse around for a while, you'll find abundant examples. But you will also find that demanding gets you nowhere.

As for your question, the fact is that Archicad offers tools to let you design, realistically model, or draw, any building detail you want. If you have done a standard installation, you've got the libraries that are included. You may find various additional info on the 'net, by google, or by the links offered here (do a search). But to learn how to build, you have to turn elsewhere.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
KRAY345 wrote:
ok my question to everyone out there is - is there a detail libray you can download that already has detailed, labeled sections of say the connection between the roof and wall or foundations etc.
You can find details about things like this over the internet but things like this isn't free of charge. This is timeconsuming objects to build. I don't think there is anyone outthere who draw details and then give it too others without any payment. And companies have often their own standard how to draw and build things so this is not a software problem, it's a company problem.
With ArchiCad there comes a detail library over basic objects, with these you could build you own standard details.