Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad student version and commercial version on same pc?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am student at the moment and using student version in my school projects, but I got side job from architecture firm and I got archicad commercial license (codemeter) to work from my home. I was worrying since archicad starts always automatically with the student version and i cant't find how to switch to commercial, is there any way to run it with it or do I have to install another archicad or how should I proceed to get it working?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Simply plugging the key in and running Archicad should make it start with the commercial licence.
If it doesn't maybe the codemeter drivers have not been installed.

Opening any educational file while in the commercial version will revert it to educational license automatically as far as I understand.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
You will need to reinstall AC and choose "Have CodeMeter" option. IF I remember correctly when you install and choose "have a EDU license or have serial number" the version will never look for the codemeter key.
You can have both AC versions installed in your computer if you want though my recommendation is to change the folder name of the commercial version to a different one.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator