BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

I can't view my project in 3D after adding objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
In ArchiCAD 11 I can't view my project in 3D after I add objects (such as doors) in plan. When I try to view the project in 3D it gives an error message and says the object can not be found. Other people at my school seem to be having the same problem. This was not an issue in ArchiCAD 10. Is there a solution to this problem?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
This is not a 10 vs 11 problem, but apparently improper usage / library management. If you got a message about errors in the lib part in the 3D window, then it is a bug in the lib part.

I've never heard of getting a missing lib part message from the 3D window and not having received the message upon loading the file / 2D.

Open Library Manager and click reload. Does the error report list missing objects? List a few of them here so others can help. Sometimes the error report is not complete after a reload. I have no idea why. Close/save your project also, restart ArchiCAD and examine that error report.

Have you drag and dropped objects off of a web site? Again, look at Library Manager and see if there is anything listed under the blue 'Other' folder. Perhaps with a question mark, meaning that lib mgr cannot find them? (Ideally, one should never have anything under 'other' - but instead should have loaded the AC11 lib folder, your project lib folder (you have one, right?), and perhaps an office lib folder (for student projects this doesn't necessarily apply). Once in a while, specialized libs might also be loaded - but I highly recommend against loading individual parts as oppposed to their containing folder.

Cheers,
Karl

PS I'm really glad to read that ArchiCAD is being used as WSU.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!