Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

New with archicad - like to ask some advices

Anonymous
Not applicable
hiyee!! need some advices, cause at my country (sad to say.. not much is familiar with archicad) so im pretty interested and i need some tips and advices.. hope someone could give me some advices for a newbie like me.

why isnt the 3d object i downloaded end up being black or not itz original texture..how can i fix that in archicad v11? and is there something i can do? or i have to just export it to atlantis or googles to upload the 3d objects? and how do i transfer new texture i download to archi-libary? thanks it will be a great help!!

from
jamie
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
j_oracle wrote:
and how do i transfer new texture i download to archi-libary?
jamie:

Put the texture in a folder, then use the Library Manager to add that folder to the loaded libraries. Most of your questions can be answered by searching the forum and the ArchiCAD Help files.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Downloaded 3D objects:
- If they are 3DS they do not keep textures. You have to assign Materials to them.
- If they are GSM, they must have come with textures in they forder, which you have to upload to the Library. Some of them keep information on their Materials and create such ones, but if they don't, you have to make such a Material and assing it to the object.

Hope this helps!
You should get Dwight's book!