Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Rendering elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Had a review last week and my elevations were well appreciated but for my final portfolio it was suggested I render the elevations/facades.
For walls, windows, doors etc the settings bx allows me 2 change the pen and fill the plan symbols, but I cannot see how to fill the walls/windows etc in the elvations.
Please help ...
Thanks, Si
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Si

There's an option under the Model Effects tab in section tool settings for "Fill Uncut Surfaces with..." "Elements own material colour" which I have used with reasonable success (see image attached). Shadows help too, but I have them turned off in this example.

But if you want a true render, you can view your 3D window in Parallel mode and use the View > 3D Navigation Extras > Look to Perpendicular... then select a wall surface to look straight at it. Render away (not sure what lights etc would be needed for this).

HTH
elevation.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart,
A huge thanks, thats really helped. Have applied it to my apartment block project and it looks really cool now. I knew it would probably be a case of a simple solution but the frustations of CAD were getting to me.
Thankyou,
Simon.