BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

ZONES!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to present my project for mid term review with one shot that is completely schematic showing elements of the 3D model and then the zones shown behind that. I want it to look exactly like the zones in the 3D window from the Archicad 10 tutorial. The tutorial completely skips over the step of how to achieve the look of the zones being solid elements, and the rest of the elements being transparent. i have read the help file in archicad on the subject and again it seems to skip several steps. HELP.. my review is in 2 days!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't looked at a tutorial in years, but if you mean that the model is in wireframe then you can do that easily with layer settings. If you want the model translucent then you have to play tricks with materials - much more work.
Dwight
Newcomer
RE: Zone materials:
See this:
arkeybenz trick

And remember the age-old photoshop combining of translucent rendering with wireframe overlay.
Dwight Atkinson
__archiben
Booster
not rendered, but just just 'quick and dirty' multiplied images from the openGL window....
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
first off, thanks to all for the quick reply. However, in my panic I discovered how to do it from the tutorial pdf, not the video, merely seconds from my post. I now have translucent materials with colors matching my zones, and the rest of the layers are in wireframe mode. However i do have two questions for archiben. First off, is that sketch rendered, and if so what style is that! And also, a little off the subject, but how did you get your photobooth image to upload to the site. i tried to upload a photobooth photo on mine, and it seemed impossible to shrink it to 10k. I eventually had a jpeg that was 50Px30P and a res. of 72 and still was 52k. So did you turn the res. lower or am I just a hack when it comes to photoshop. Again, Thanks for all the quick replies!
__archiben
Booster
murphcw wrote:
First off, is that sketch rendered
no - just two images saved out of the openGL window and overlaid in photoshoppe. the first was of the building in wireframe mode, the second just the zones selected and shown in shaded mode.
how did you get your photobooth image to upload to the site.
photoshop. reduced and then File>Save for web. choose the smallest gif it makes.

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Thanks!!
Dwight
Newcomer
hey,nice.
makes the building look like a swanky bar cabinet.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!