BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

how2email dwgs to scale 2 some1 without software on their pc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I wondered please if anyone can tell me, HOW do I email a copy of my drawings to correct scale to someone who cant open the drawings due to not having archicad software???

I inserted drawings into layout page, saved a copy as a jpeg file but this prints off incorrectly as a small image not to scale.

So I then saved a copy as a jpeg file directly from the 2d floorplan while I had archicad open, once again...NOT to scale.

IM DESPERATE, ITS URGENT!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE SOMEONE ride up on a white horse & help me!!

Thank you, Hope your having an AWESOME day/night!! Janien
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure which version of AC you are using or the OS but...

Generally getting your drawings into the layout is about halfway (out have set out the information), next you need to either print or publish the information for use by others.

The easiest way to do this would be to print the document to PDF.. This would save your file as PDF, at the correct scale and is suitable for viewing by anyone.

The other option would be to use publisher and publish the selected layouts again using PDF as your format (actually you can choose any number of publishing options here)

Hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Michael, thanks SO much for replying SO promptly!! I am using archicad commercial version 10.

The problem is with that suggestion is that MY printer & scanner are all in one unit & their broken down at present as generally I would have printed from 2d or layout page then scanned and emailed the scanned image but since I dont have that option I need another way of doing it..

Can you think of any other solution please???

I owe you a HUGE cyber chocolate for your time & kindness thanx HEAPS!!

p.s. Hope you gave your horse a drink!! LOL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Michael, Just want to clarrify, with his comment you made " print the document to PDF.. "..did u mean PRINT IT OR save it as pdf file format?????

If you meant save Idont know how to as I didnt see the "pdf" file format in the drop down list when I hit save as.

Janien
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was referring to print as a PDF, this will still work with a broken printer

If for example you are on a mac when you go to the print window you will see a button in the bottom left, here is the option to save the print to PDF.

If you are on a PC you would need to install a PDF printer into your list of printers and faxes. An example of one of these if CutePDF writer
www.cutepdf.com

Again you set your machine to print and then choose the PDF printer it will then write a PDF file rather than printing a hard copy.

This should fix your problem as this option does not use your printer at all.

I use a similar option on a mac with no printer at all and it works fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PDF writer should come with your Archicad installation. Use the print command, select the Amyuni PDF Writer (or similar) from your list of printers (that's why Michael said "print" to PDF, it's the same as saving)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Michael, I get you now & have just done that, thank you SO MUCH & thank you for your patience with me , I REALLY appreciate it!!
THANX!! Have a terrific day/night!! Janien 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello S t u a r t , thanks very much, I found that one but REALLY appreciate your feedback again, welcome back, your so kind as is Michael for ALL the help & advice your willing to give so a big cyber chocolate & cappucino to both of you, MY SHOUT!!

You guys will have good Karma with all your help!!
Learn and get certified!