Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

"Other Objects" greyed out in Object Default Settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya,

This is my first post so Hi!

I'm very new to ArchiCAD (only downloaded it last week) and I'm just getting to grips with some basic stuff. I've created an editable library part, which when I open the Library Manager I have added to the Library and it shows in 'Other Objects.' However, when I try to find it by bringing up the Object settings, 'Other Objects' is greyed out as shown below.

Would anybody have any idea why this may be happening, and how I can get it to show?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add..

If I search all or part of the file name in the 'find library parts' section, nothing comes up
Karl Ottenstein
Library parts are filtered based on the object tool - even though all object-related tools bring up that same dialog.

If you saved your object as a window, it will not show up with the object tool, only the window tool, for example. Doors only show up with the door tool. Etc.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply!

On the advice of my university tutor, I saved the object* in a separate folder, which I then added to the library manager. Yet it doesn't show up when I open the object settings.

*The object I created was made from the dome shape in the 'special construction-basic obejcts' section. Since the parameters are fixed (ie. you can only change the radius, but not the length to be able to 'stretch' it, I was shown how to save it as a custom object so that you could then edit the length etc.