Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2010 GRAPHISOFT Customer Survey

Brett Brown
Advocate
I would be interested in your views of the questions and how they relate to improving Archicad for it's users?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first time Graphisoft has polled it's users?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
25 REPLIES 25
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
NeckoFromSarajevo,

This is completely my personal opinion and does not have more weight just because I am the moderator:

Funny that you are writing this post.
Because if you look at the many posts you have posted in the last several months, you will see that almost always you are nagging, complaining, everything is wrong, GS cannot possibly do anything right. Even if they come up with some great idea that helps a lot of people, it is still not good enough for you.
So you are very successful at raising hell.

But ask yourself: how many times did you actually HELP another person on this Forum with a problem?

Make a fair assessment of it, because I have read all your posts and I am fully aware of your posting history.

Are you here to help and get helped? What worthwhile contribution are you making to this community?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo,

This is completely my personal opinion and does not have more weight just because I am the moderator:

Funny that you are writing this post.
Because if you look at the many posts you have posted in the last several months, you will see that almost always you are nagging, complaining, everything is wrong, GS cannot possibly do anything right. Even if they come up with some great idea that helps a lot of people, it is still not good enough for you.
So you are very successful at raising hell.

But ask yourself: how many times did you actually HELP another person on this Forum with a problem?

Make a fair assessment of it, because I have read all your posts and I am fully aware of your posting history.

Are you here to help and get helped? What worthwhile contribution are you making to this community?
Why to worry?
We always endured one of these guys. Once, I suggested that GS probably pays somebody to keep Archicad's fans awake.
Because nobody healthy and sane would waste his time with such a poor piece of software.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Philippe wrote:
Because nobody healthy and sane would waste his time with such a poor piece of software.
Speak only for yourself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My question was adressed to developers of archicad cos :

Every year GS team give us something that we DIDNT ask !
I dont know for what "wish list" is here on forum,I suggest that we call it Dream List cos we DREAM some stuff which will make our life easier !
My biggest problem with archicad is that i cant model stuff,cant rotate etc
If you go to MOI3d forum you will see what one man can do when he talks with final users. Thats example of super cooperation betwen poeple who buys and poeple who sells. Every day moi3d is better, not year...every day

I finish my leraning archicad and i know what is missing here. Noob useres will not write this cos they dont knwo the limits yet.
Every time when GS did good job i wrote on forum and say that loud
Every time when GS dont do good job i will write here on forum
When i see post in which some1 is looking for hp and there is no answers i will try to hp.
I respect you but this is adresed to some1 from HQGS
I will shut up right away and i will be first person to say BRAVO if GS fullfill any of our DREAM LIST

I was wondering to find out what they think, are they blind, do they read forum etc etc

If GS TEAM dont want to help us, final users who do more in representing their software then them i will first go and start use some other software and forget all of this. Im here and saying this onyl cos i want to AC to be better.

If you read my posts and if you find anything that is not good for archicad i will arease it right away

this is archicad talk
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Necko,
You are always talking about the absolute necessity of more advanced modeling tools. But as far as I have seen from posts of others, you are in a minority with that because most people can do pretty much everything in ArchiCAD.
I am not saying it would not be nice, but there are probably more important thing.

You could also say if GS does not create a Linux version right now, they are stupid, evil and doomed. Or if they do not create a cloud based version of the software, they are an utter failure. And on top of that, say it as if everybody had the exact same opinion.

But my main problem is with the WAY you communicate your opinion. I mean, if you were standing in front of a GS executive, would you be using this language? Is this the way you communicate to people? This is what is sickening to me.
It is my opinion that as long as you are communicating this way, nobody will listen to you ever because it is just simply rude and rude people are just rejected and ignored.

There are so many people here on the forum with wishes and yet they can communicate it in a proper way.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Surprise,surprise, I agree with everything that Necko says and we need his matter of fact postings. This forum is just not about helping people it is also about trying to get Graphisoft to listen to the users, and especially our power users. The wish list is suppose to be for this.

Time after time the power users are rubbishing parts of Archicad and also suggesting the correct way of doing things. Why aren't Graphisoft listening? 11,12,and 13 have been very expensive non events for me.

As an example in 13 of one step forward and three steps back, we finailly got slab edges with diferrent materials and angled edges. About time. Even that is not perfect as if you want a square and angled edge along side each other you have to step the edge for it to work. So they got rid of the Alt-click on an object to state that insertion point, they stuffed up publisher (why change it when it is working perfectly how it is), We got separate section and elevation markers, good but why can't you step the elevation marker? So you just use the section marker for both.

These are just the tip of the iceberg as to basic things not in the program, most annoying to me that has never been fixed is roof slab outlines which don't join properly and you have to use polylines to do the job.

The reason for posting the survey was because it is an example of what's wrong with the Graphisoft hierarchy. Why haven't they instigated a proper wish system exactly like the Augi example. At least that way Graphisoft show they are involving users in the future direction of the software.

For those that haven't surfed the Augi forum,(probably not many) every year Augi list the most asked for features and then every member vote/rate there most wanted from 10 down to 1 i.e. 10 votes for each member. Makes you feel included. Here it is just pot luck.

I haven't even started on add-ons but must say that Objective is an example to the other Add-on makers because of Ralph's support and little if any bugs version after version. A true asset to Archicad
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not against voicing opinions and I know GS is not saint.
I just really hate when things are communicated in a certain way.
I mean, we are intelligent people. We should be able to make a point without insulting others.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Frustration with Graphisoft is just getting compounded year after year and people express their views in different ways. I have no problem with this and Necko is just saying what we would say in our private space.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brett wrote:
Frustration with Graphisoft is just getting compounded year after year and people express their views in different ways. I have no problem with this and Necko is just saying what we would say in our private space.
Maybe it is because I know the people he is insulting and I don't like it.
Probably you would feel the same if someone was doing this with regard to a friend of yours.
I guess, our viewpoints on this matter are just very different.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In every post where some1 from GS writes anything, there are 10 archicad talk users who express their thinking about subject. Users like to talk with GSteam...We just want to know are they listen us, do they read forum, why they created topics like Wish list etc etc

I wish that i can hear someone from GS who will say why they dont read wish forum, why archicad object cant be rotated, why they need years to
give us boolean operations represented in 2D window, move and copy function inside section window, Native rotation on XYZ , modeling tools...its all writen in Wish "dream" list !

Right now they are developing archicad 14 and i will be happiest man if they implement anything from wish list cos i will be more productive...
I didnt insult anyone and this is archicad talk ! and when you see them, tell them HELLO from archicad talk users