Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Learning Curve AC13 installation to usable metric

Michael
Contributor
Can users describe hours required to gain productivity value upgrading to AC 13 from previous versions, and hours to include bim-server requirements and other required AC 13 features?

This is from download/installation to useful measurable metric of value added for upgrade in hours required for one individual, be they manager or general user.

The purpose is to determine what an office should gauge as "downtime" / "learning curve" so as to budget per person hours needed to schedule.

Having heard some issues want to gain insights from those with prior experience, so as to be prepared for unknown issues.........

Since there is a lot AC14 chatter, suspect this is a non-issue to many.........
thanks
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
1 REPLY 1
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Michael wrote:
Can users describe hours required to gain productivity value upgrading to AC 13 from previous versions, and hours to include bim-server requirements and other required AC 13 features?

This is from download/installation to useful measurable metric of value added for upgrade in hours required for one individual, be they manager or general user.

The purpose is to determine what an office should gauge as "downtime" / "learning curve" so as to budget per person hours needed to schedule.

Having heard some issues want to gain insights from those with prior experience, so as to be prepared for unknown issues.........

Since there is a lot AC14 chatter, suspect this is a non-issue to many.........
thanks
Hi,

It depends on which the previous version is ? Downtime would and should be very little. Mostly the time to inform the staff and some additional practice. Adjusting templates usually need a few hours up to a day for the normal office. The new features are quite self explanatory with Curtain Wall as one clear exception that need it's proper time to master. On the other hand you spend time to gain much more.

We typically go through all new things in a 4-hour hands-off pass and hand out a pdf with new features and localization...often completing with video tutorials if we think they need to be localized.

If you are going to use Teamwork2 within your office it's a really easy set up. If you're going outside the office it is a good idea to let an IT-savvy guy set up the Internet stuff. Learning to USE Teamwork takes almost no time.

I'm a complete moron when it comes to IT infrastructure (I just don't want to do that...). I installed and configured BIM Server in my office in about 15 minutes (I followed the instructions and clicked the default values).

Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!