Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2nd story issues...

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I change JUST the cut plane for the 2nd story? I have somewhat of a split level house (one portion is completely 2 stories while the other is just a 1.5 story ceiling)...this seems to be causing lots of problems because anything that is 10' tall shows up on both 1st and 2nd floor plans. I have tried setting those objects to "Own Story Only" but that doesnt change anything
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, the stairs only show up on the 1st floor plan even when they are supposed to be story sensitive..
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Make sure stairs are set to show "One story up".
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
what version of AC?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC10 on intel mac
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Try to set a good high to your needs in Document>Floor Plan Cut Plane...
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
This shouldn't be happening, have you checked you have the correct level heights in the story setting?
Have you checked if you have two walls where you see one, and maybe the second is set to automatic?
Try deleting the wall you see on the second floor, what happens then?
It must be something like that happening...
at least, I cannot think of anything else..
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are aware that the cut plane height is stored with the saved view. This is critical in that it allows you to have a different cut plane for each different saved view. Cut planes and the associated settings in the walls etc. are complex and I recommend using "symbolic" settings for everything that does not need the added control that cut planes offer. A screen shot of what you want would help with giving you the solution.