Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

A question about linking external drawings to a module file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all I'd like to say "Hello!" to the community, because I'm quite a newbie in this forum.

So, to the point:
I want to link an external drawing(jpeg image) into a .mod file in a way to have only a string, pointing to it's location, but not to include the whole file into the project. I do it via File->External content-> Insert External drawing (something like this, I'm translating my RU version menus). In the properties list of the inserted image I uncheck the box "Include the dawing into the project file". But, after saving my .mod file with an image inserted like described above, I see that the filesize increased exactly as much as the image filesize is (ArchiCAD includes the referenced file into the module).
I also tried to insert my image via x-ref or a module, but the final result is the same.
When I do the same operations, but save the project file as .pln, it's filesise remains unchanged(several bytes added) - ArchiCAD doesn't insert referenced drawing.

Is there a way to hotlink external drawings to the module files without having the references inserted into the project file?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,
Put your external drawing into a specific layer in the module file.
Then Turn that layer off in the host file.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
tranthainguyen wrote:
hi,
Then Turn that layer off in the host file.
Cheers
What do you mean by "turn off"? Hide it? Lock it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it means "Hide it". Open Layer Setting (Crtl L) then click on the EYE Icon of that layer to close the EYE

Cheers