Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 10 Work Environments and display options

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been incapable of wrapping my head around this one. I noticed that now using AC 10, my 'display option' settings that I setup and used so successfully in AC 9, now have very little effect on my drawings. Secondly, Where the heck is the 'display option combination settings'? I can not find them anywhere.

I had my display combinations set to remove the text handles, change my line weights around and so on, and now it is doing far less than a good job of what it was originally designed to do. What happened here? I'm doing some reading on here and in the help files for information, but it says:

"The View > On-Screen View Options command produces a list of items ..."

Except that I don't have a 'view' option in my Work environment. If I switch to the AC10 Standard profile, I find it, but I don't want to use their environment, I want to use the environment that I have spent many hours setting up just to my liking.

So here are my questions:
#1 - Does the Display options now effect my printed drawings, and if so, how?
#2 - how do I get the 'View' menu along with the 'Display' menu onto my environment.

I want to have an option of turning on and off the lineweights while I am working, but have them on (always) when I print. This used to be in the display combinations that I would connect to my view sets that would get imported into plotmaker. This way, I could work with hairlines, easily switch to true lineweights to verify everything, and then print. Am I missing something?
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
sirduncan wrote:
Am I missing something?
yes - a very big leap in user interface convention.

the archicad 9 'display' options have been (rightly) split into those settings that affect the display characteristics of building elements and settings which turn on/off guides and handles that appear only on the screen . . .

the former are now 'Model View Options' and can be saved in combinations as previously, and then applied to views.

the latter are now full show/hide commands on the interface: you can assign keyboard shortcuts to them (i have one for the true weight/hairline toggle). there is also a new 'Show/Hide Drafting & Editing Aids' command which globally turns on/off text, fill, spline and figure handles all in one go.

if you want to add them to your menus, go into your work environment>menus and customise to your heart's content! i think you'll find all of the commands you'll need for this functionality under the 'view' commands by theme.

however, due to the vast difference in interface, and numerous new commands in AC10, it may be better to re-build your AC9 menus by using the AC10 menus as a starting point. not the idea of exportable work environments for sure, but probably a more prudent option for this upgrade . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
... it may be better to re-build your AC9 menus by using the AC10 menus as a starting point. ~/archiben
I was afraid you woud say that. Ok - I'll start from there and see if I can figure it out. Thank you for your assistance.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should look in the AC10 New Features Guide - it covers these changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27