Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 9 / Problem with doors in curved walls

rm
Advisor
I have a door in a straight wall with masonry veneer that works as it should. See attached axon and plan images. When I take the same exact window and put it in a curved wall, many problems occur.

1. The plan symbol in for the door in the curved masonry veneer wall does not match the same door in a straight masonry veneer wall. That is the door does not show itself being recessed from the outside face of the masonry.

2. Next, in 3d, the door trim again shows up on the outside of the masonry wall as opposed to recessed as brick mold trim would be.

I don't know if this is bug or a design flaw in all doors and windows. Bottom line, short of the door not fitting in the radius of the wall because it is too tight of a radius, the door should look as it was in a straight wall both in 2D and 3D.

Also, what graphisoft is calling the "frame" is actually the door stop, And then they have an additional frame.....this should be corrected too.

So, maybe I need to check one of the several dozen settings, so if anyone has any ideas to look at I would appreciate your input.

Thank You,

Robert Mariani, AIA
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
1 REPLY 1
rm
Advisor
Here is the Axon view of the same doors.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26