Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 3D Display of Composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

Is there a way I can make composite walls (or slabs) display in 3d so every structure's component is shown differently? (as in this example http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/marketing/ac12/demo/13/AC12-NF-03.html)

Thank you in advance.

Adrian Tudoreanu
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
The structure is only visible using the new 3D Document (3DD) feature of 12 combined with a cut model - cutting with either a marquee (typical) or cutting planes before capturing the 3DD.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
The structure is only visible using the new 3D Document (3DD) feature of 12 combined with a cut model
Thank you Karl for this tip. You've saved my day.
About 3DD, maybe it would have been better if we could have a drawing type 3d document.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Karl Ottenstein
adytc wrote:
About 3DD, maybe it would have been better if we could have a drawing type 3d document.
You're welcome.

Yes, there is no 'drawing' option for the 3DD, but we can do the old pre-drawing section trick of copy/pasting. Select all, copy/paste, drag the marquee elsewhere in the window. All of the copied elements are 2D elements, in the proper layers, but not linked to any model elements.

If you set the 3DD to 'manual update' instead of 'auto', then you sort of have a drawing... With this old technique, one has to remember (a) to have the layout viewport show the 'drawing' and not the captured model and (b) to remember to manually update and manually re-copy any changed elements if the model changes. (I generally would recommend avoiding 'drawing' mode - real or fake - unless really necessary.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
If you set the 3DD to 'manual update' instead of 'auto', then you sort of have a drawing... With this old technique, one has to remember (a) to have the layout viewport show the 'drawing' and not the captured model and (b) to remember to manually update and manually re-copy any changed elements if the model changes. (I generally would recommend avoiding 'drawing' mode - real or fake - unless really necessary.)
Thank you Karl for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Adrian Tudoreanu