BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC14 - Input into tracker in 3d views not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I try to type in values when I'm moving something in the 3d views, the tracker just flashes and invalidates anything I just tried to type. It worked fine in Archicad 13 so I'm not sure what's causing this problem. Any ideas?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're not alone!
We all hope in SP1.
Anonymous
Not applicable
After a bit of experimentation, I found that while the problem occurs on my desktop and my laptop, it works just fine on a friend's computer. They're all very similar setups (Windows 7, 64bit), so I don't know why this would happen on one computer and not the other...
Arcadia
Booster
Yes I have also had this issue but it doesn't occur all the time. Maybe when it happens try a system restart?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We've had this problem and narrowed it down to the Video Card. Do you have nVidia?

In any case, AFAIR if you turn off the Windows Aero feature in your display options, the problem goes away.

If that doesn't solve it, report back and I will check my tech support ticket for details.

Cheers,
Link.
Arcadia
Booster
Windows 7 Aero certainly does cause issues but I haven't noticed it causing this problem. I just checked mine with aero on and it is working fine. I have had the problem randomly. I use the Quadro 3700 cards which are recommended by AC so I don't see how it could be the cards.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sure.

Well I recall it having to do with the way Windows layered information. There's even a 'BadLayerWindows' registry key to help deal with it.

I will get the bug report and PM it to you. If you resolve it maybe, let us all know. Our particular issue was to be resolved in the upcoming AC14 hotfix.

Cheers,
Link.
TDabney
Enthusiast
Hi -

I am having a tracker input issue as well in the 2D window where it will only accept X-Y values relative to the PROJECT origin and not the USER origin. I do have the "Show X-Y Coordinates relative to User Origin in Tracker" checkbox checked in the Work Environment Tracker and Coordinate Input settings.

Is this a bug as well or just me?

Thanks,
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
TDabney wrote:

Is this a bug as well or just me?

Thanks,
Tom
Hey Tom

Have you tried turning on your coordinate box and indenting the Absolute/Relative delta buttons next to the r/a and x/y coordinates?

Or the 'Relative Coordinates in Tracker' option from the Standard toolbar drop down?

(They both do the same thing.)

Hailey now, hey?

Cheers,
Link.
TDabney
Enthusiast
Link wrote:

Hey Tom

Have you tried turning on your coordinate box and indenting the Absolute/Relative delta buttons next to the r/a and x/y coordinates?

Hailey now, hey?

Cheers,
Link.

Hi Link -

Yes I have tried all those variations. I seem to only have issues when editing an existing element, not when placing a new element. If I select an existing line, hit command+F for split, and then hit X or Y to try to enter coordinates to start the split, I am only able to enter coordinates relative to the PROJECT origin. This only happens when the tracker is shown. If the tracker is hidden, I can hit X or Y and enter coordinates in the coordinate box relative to the USER origin. Hope my explanation is clear enough.

Hailey, yup. Didn't you used to live here?

Thanks for the help,
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Learn and get certified!