Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC15 recovered file crash on startup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have an autosaved version of an ac15 file that i'm trying to recover following a crash. unfortunately ac has saved it in an unstable state and opening it crashes ac before i get a chance to have access to the file. I'm almost certain that the crashing is a result of my graphics card and the particular state of the view when the file was autosaved, rather than the file itself being unstable. what I would like to do is start a fresh file and import the recovered data as a hotlink, just to test my theory that there's actually nothing wrong with the file. of course I can't get to a fresh file while there is data in the autosave folder, the only option I have is to delete or open the autosaved data. my question: can I rename the @Global.T file to .pln file in order to have the autosaved data as a .pln file?

Thanks
Nick
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
@ Matthew, yes i've informed graphisoft of the issues, and submitted bug reports.

@zeropoint, no problems outside of archicad, however no other applications that i use have a particularly graphics intensive environment, so it's no surprise. I tried switching to internal engine and just to see, and the 3d editing plane doesn't show up at all, let alone correctly..

@laszlonagy, currently using most up to date Nvidia drive, however previous to that I was using the vendor supplied driver, it doesn't seem to make a difference which one i'm using, both produce the same errors.

The most inconvienient issue is the crashing of the file when I have trace references on and existing elemens set to override, both of my current projects are renovation projects - obviously I can work around it for the time being, but nonetheless it is a little hindering. The graphics issue i'm less concerned by, but overall it's still an unstable environment and can be hard to work with. I haven't used the editing plane for a while because it wasn't working, however I tried turning it on in a few projects and came up with different results. In one file (fresh 15 file -the one i've had recent crashes in) it works fine, slow performance, but visually it works. In a second file (migrated from 12) it shows up white, and in a third file (migrated from 12) it also shows up white, as well there is a wierd red veil that seems to hang from the roof around the whole building - see image below.

Obviously there's graphics issues, big ones, but I don't see how graphics can be contributing to the crashes related to the renovation filters... but who knows, stranger things have happened.

does anyone know how to finetune the nvidia settings to get the best performance out of AC?
I'll also try completely reinstalling AC.
Barry Kelly
The red veil is not a graphics issue.
It is the trimming bodies (for roofs and shells).
These can be turned on or off from the "on screen view options".
It is also purely a screen view and will not affect the final output.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11