BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC20 Minor annoyances

Overall, I like AC20 a lot! However, there are a couple of minor issues that make it very difficult to work.

1) We seem to have lost the 3D line/flat color library previews, and so now all 3D previews are rendered. This makes it very hard to see any detail in a 3D view if the object is white on the white background. Is there any way to get the old-style preview back?

2) I've noticed that sometimes 3D elements like morphs do not show up right away in the 2D view if they were drawn in 3D. Sometimes it takes drawing a similar element in plan, and then all the elements show up. This is probably a bug, but is there any way to overcome this in the meantime?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
BernardoA wrote:
Another minor annoyance (there since AC19) is the toolbars being reset to the top right every time AC is opened. This is annoying if you use Toolbox Tools instead of palettes and have to relocate it every time you open AC.
Is this a PC problem only?
Your Workspace Scheme is saved, yes?
It might be a PC only problem. And yes, I have my workspace saved and it still does this. I brought it up in AC19 and Graphisoft said it's not high on their list of priorities.
This is an annoyance.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I often transfer projects between the server in the office and the laptop before going to the client. In ArchiCAD 19 attached drawings could update automatically pointing to the directory, 20 have unfortunately not. Now I first must go to drawing manager and select some unlinked drawings and update with old function "Read from". Less productive.
gpowless
Advocate
Stress wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Well, it's never been there... I've never really used the button in previous versions, is it very handy?
Pretty sure it appeared in AC19.
Saves some screen real estate. Just wish it had the Publisher Sets button.
AFAIK, the only other way to publish is to open Organizer.
If you open the navigator palette from the Show Navigator selection or from the Window:Palettes:Navigator menu, Publisher Sets are available from there.

Big Brother Graphisoft has apparently been monitoring our behavior / use over the last couple of years and they found that the Publisher was used mainly from Organizer. Their goal for Version 20 was to reduce bloat.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Steve wrote:
I am annoyed that you can't turn off a Structural Grid element using the Quick Layers Palette in the 3D window unless it is entirely in view. If you are able to select it, and it is highlighted, then you should be able to turn off the layer it is on using the Quick Layers Palette.
I can't get this to work at all in 3D window, actually

Works fine in plan view, for example.

Still on ArchiCAD19 though.
I just tried to make a little video of the behavior and it is actually working now. I tried it, it did not work right, then when I turned the video on to record it not working, it works as expected. ??
A bit late, but anyway, in the 3D window if you want to hide the grid element tool using quick layer palette just clik on the head / marker part, works everytime for me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Btw, has anyone encountered the same issue with camera set in the view map like the one i'm posting here?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=258738#258738

If i'm not missing some step or something, then i guess that'll be my major annoyance
John wrote:
Steve wrote:
Erwin wrote:
I can't get this to work at all in 3D window, actually

Works fine in plan view, for example.

Still on ArchiCAD19 though.
I just tried to make a little video of the behavior and it is actually working now. I tried it, it did not work right, then when I turned the video on to record it not working, it works as expected. ??
A bit late, but anyway, in the 3D window if you want to hide the grid element tool using quick layer palette just clik on the head / marker part, works everytime for me
Selecting any node of the grid will do the job as well, it does not need to be just the marker head. But the head or a node is not always visible. There are of course other ways to turn off that layer but that is not the point.
The annoying part is that it does not behave like everything else. If the grid is selected and highlighted, you should be able to turn off that layer using the quick layers tool.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Stress Co_
Advisor
Quick Options Bar> Orientation

Much preferred the ability to reset to 0° with one click (AC19)
As opposed to opening a pulldown and scrolling to 0° (AC20)
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Barry Kelly
Stress wrote:
Quick Options Bar> Orientation

Much preferred the ability to reset to 0° with one click (AC19)
As opposed to opening a pulldown and scrolling to 0° (AC20)
The thing is the single click now gives us the option of pre-set angles and also the last user defined angles.
I think this is a good option but maybe it could be made so a double click will reset to zero.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stress Co_
Advisor
Barry wrote:
I think this is a good option but maybe it could be made so a double click will reset to zero.
I agree and yes, I always want my cake and to eat it too.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!