Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ALUM. COMMODITY WINDOWS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know where I can buy a library of aluminum commodity and modular size windows? That's probably 75% of what's used here in south Florida, espescially now with the impact codes. I really don't want to have to start over and create all new windows in ArchiCAD 9, but I may have to if I can't find a ready made library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lee Deering
Deering Drafting
Naples, FL
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lee...
Are you talking about heavy commercial windows from say EFCO , ARCH, Wuausa, Traco....etc.?
Or more low end apartment type off the shelf varities?

I have a pretty cool engineering CD libary I got from EFCO that will generate any one of their window types and sizes complete with dimensions.
Also does storefront, curtainwalls, entrances, terrace door sliders,...the works.
Bad thing is that its for Autocad. I guess you could spend the time and make a libary of windows and import the dwg and save as libary parts in AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Antonin,
Hey, thanks for the reply. I know what you're referring to with EFCO, etc. windows & doors. I have CD's for Arch, Vistawall, YKK, and even PGT for their storefront, door & window systems, but, as you mentioned, it's all in .dwg or .dxf. What I would really like to have is a PGT parametric GDL library, as that's what we use the most in middle to high end residential here. Unfortunately, PGT hasn't yet recognized the growing popularity of ArchiCAD and GDL. I will continue to remind them, and in the meantime, I guess I'll just make my own. Thanks again for the reply.
Lee D.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!