Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Accessing Detail/Section Marker Files

Regarding the pop-up Marker object selection menus within the Detail and S/E dialogue boxes: how can I access these files? Where are the Marker Files located and do they have a specific extension? I realize they are GDL objects, but how can I access/edit them?

Also, is it possible to add to or delete the default markers from the pop-up menu?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Laura wrote:
Regarding the pop-up Marker object selection menus within the Detail and S/E dialogue boxes: how can I access these files? Where are the Marker Files located and do they have a specific extension? I realize they are GDL objects, but how can I access/edit them?
Laura:

They are located in Object Library 9 / 01 General 9 / Marker Symbols 9.
They do not have a specific extension, but their subtype is Section Marker (all library parts have the same .gsm extension, the subtype is now used to differentiate parts). When opening these parts you can select "Marker" from the Enable pop up list (or "All GDL Objects").

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
AHA! Had to extract elements from my Object Library 9.pla file and I found 'em.

Can any one address the second half of my question???
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura

any of the lists like that read all available objects of the proper "subtype." The only way for them not to show up is to remove them from the library.
Tom Waltz
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Laura wrote:
Laura:

I tried unloading all libraries and they were still there, so my guess is that they are built into the application.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Actually, I have had success with adding to and deleting from the pop-up menu based on the library parts that reside within the appropriate subtype folder of the loaded libraries.

Thanks for the help!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
David wrote:
Laura wrote:
Laura:
I tried unloading all libraries and they were still there, so my guess is that they are built into the application.
David
Folks:

Just to be clear, I found that you can decide which markers are loaded in the bottom part of the pop up list, but the markers at the top appear even with no libraries loaded.

For what it is worth.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!