cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Adjusting hotspots of custom 2D object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I remembered before that I can adjust hotspots when I opened the custom object menu (shift-ctrl-O) and relocated the hotspots whenever I create a custom 2D symbol. Now in 15 when I open the 2D symbol view tab in the said menu, there is no symbols, and I cannot adjust the hotspots. Am I doing something wrong?

I was also able to edit the 2D symbols of custom 3D objects before using the same process before, but now to no avail. I don't know if this has been changed with AC15 or I am indeed doing something wrong.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Rian Zafe:

Probably the change is that the 2D is now scripted (2D Script) rather than drawn (2D Symbol) in the library part. You can draw in the 2D Symbol, but will need to delete or comment out the 2D Script for the Symbol to be used rather than the Script. You should be able to copy from the 2D View to the 2D Symbol to get started. For objects with a 3D component, you will need to confirm that the 2D and 3D locations match.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:

Probably the change is that the 2D is now scripted (2D Script) rather than drawn (2D Symbol) in the library part. You can draw in the 2D Symbol, but will need to delete or comment out the 2D Script for the Symbol to be used rather than the Script. You should be able to copy from the 2D View to the 2D Symbol to get started. For objects with a 3D component, you will need to confirm that the 2D and 3D locations match.
David,

Regarding the italicized items, how does one do that exactly?

I have no knowledge whatsoever with scripting, and I guess a lot of designers too, so is this a step in the right direction for ArchiCAD?

Thanks.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Rian wrote:
or comment out the 2D Script for the Symbol to be used
This adds a "!" to the line, so it is not executed by the interpreter. In the Help files see:
User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > GDL (Geometric Description Language) > Text Editing Commands in GDL Script Windows
Rian wrote:
you will need to confirm that the 2D and 3D locations match.
Since the 2D Symbol can be drawn independent of the 3D model, its is possible that the symbol and model do not match. One way to confirm is to check the 2D position in plan, the set the 3D window to Parallel Projection Setting > Top View and see if the model is in the same location.

When the custom object is saved from the Plan, a script is generated for the 2D. When it is saved from the 3D Window, a 2D Symbol is created.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
After a little trial and error, finally figured it out.

Thanks David.