Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

All Section/Elevation Views are Deleted!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I spent some time searching & didn't come up with any answers, so here goes... We're an all Mac office w/ most people currently running OS10.3.9, & some using 10.4. Everyone is running the latest build of AC, & has been for some time. The problem seems to only occur when someone is signed in w/ exclusive access & then signs out/changes workspace. Generally there are no error messages when sending changes or signing out, no signs of anything being wrong, nothing. Upon trying to re-sign in or import views into plotmaker, however, all section/elevation views are gone. Every section/elevation view in the model, from ALL view sets. Any insights? I'm looking at you Graphisoft...
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
It's a pretty common bug that Graphisoft has claimed was fixed by each of the last two service packs.

It seems to be related to which users sign in and control View Sets. Our best preventative measure has been to create a fake team member named "View Owner" that creates and modifies all View Sets, and remains signed in as Team Leader with no layers or workspace signed out. It's a bit cumbersome, but it beats recreating Views all the time and gives people a consistant method of redefining layer combinations, composites, and other Team Leader-based fucntions.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've also had similar issues (though I haven't narrowed it down to see if it's the computer, the installation, the lack of add-ons, the users... , etc) with other plan issues, such as dimensions.

But since the talk came up, and since I'm new to teamwork and haven't really understood the help screens all that much, while in teamwork, who can make changes/rename layers and layer sets? Seems that no matter how I signed in, the layer settings were all grayed out (selectable only, but not editable). Can anybody change them?

Thanks for the info.
TomWaltz
Participant
Sergio wrote:
We've also had similar issues (though I haven't narrowed it down to see if it's the computer, the installation, the lack of add-ons, the users... , etc) with other plan issues, such as dimensions.

But since the talk came up, and since I'm new to teamwork and haven't really understood the help screens all that much, while in teamwork, who can make changes/rename layers and layer sets? Seems that no matter how I signed in, the layer settings were all grayed out (selectable only, but not editable). Can anybody change them?

Thanks for the info.
It's not a matter of "Who", but the role they have.

Only the Team Leader role (chosen on the Sign In screen) can edit Layer Combinations.

You must have Team Leader with Exclusive Access to rename layers.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
It's not a matter of "Who", but the role they have.

Only the Team Leader role (chosen on the Sign In screen) can edit Layer Combinations.

You must have Team Leader with Exclusive Access to rename layers.
I tried signing in a couple of different ways (I thought that was one of them) and still couldn't change them. I'll try it again though, thanks.

I wish they would explain things a bit better in the help screens. It's not like they're wasting paper. Sometimes it seems they're skipping every other word in the interest of being concise and to the point...