cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

All views and layout subsets vanish upon opening project

Yes, all. Poof. The layouts remain, FWIW.

Yesterday afternoon they were there, this morning they're gone. Client meeting in two hours.

Here's the scary part. I restored Tuesday's version of the file from backup. I know this file is OK because I used the views and subsets on Wednesday. But when it opens, it has the sickness.

Which means, the damage is occurring upon opening, not before.

It is a migrated project. But it was migrated several weeks ago, no trouble until now.

Any advice would be appreciated.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
16 REPLIES 16
__archiben
Booster
if i recall correctly, that happened to the first project i migrated with one of those early prebeta/betas . . . thought they'd got that one nailed!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Aussie John
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
Perhaps James' auto-update on/off switch would do the trick. Of course not having drawings that cause crashes would be nice.

I also have recently had a section crash my machine (updating it in the layout). I though it might be the Mactel RC1 since the same file seems to work fine in Windows. (I haven't tried the old beta or the PPC version.)
My file was crashing as the file was loading. ie before layout even came up.

In another issue I did have a problem with crashing when a drawing updated that had a text based label attached to an object.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
owen
Newcomer
James ... if it makes you feel any better you're not alone. Yesterday I ran into this and today I open my draft and voila ... no views at all, and no layout subsets. Layouts are still there but all the masters are gone too.

For what its worth I have encountered absolutely no bugs in 10 until yesterday. Thats when I Teamworked. I have since ran into these two MAJOR bugs, along with suffering several AC-quit>bug-reporter type crashes when doing pretty simple stuff like editing text, deleting lines, etc

Teamwork obviously has some major issues that need to be fixed. I will be going back to PLN and recommending nothing in the office requiring Teamwork moves to 10 until these reports stop appearing.

[Edit:] ... so anyone know when the first Hotfix should be out? (gimme a break, its the weekend and ive been in the office both days .. not a happy camper)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Ben Cohen
Advocate
This vanishing views thing has happened to me but I found that my ArchiCAD 9 file was corrupt. (Actually about 3 jobs in 9) In these V9 files I was unable to get the attribute manager up.
When migrated to version 10 the views would then disappear when the layout - pln was merged. In the end I could use the files in 10, as long as I kept the layout pln separate.
I sent the file into Graphisoft but because the v9 file was corrupt I doubt there is much they could do.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
James - my sympathies - my difficulties are somewhat different in that the views and layouts in a separate file seem to be OK - but there are other glitches that seem to be related to the location and maybe condition of the file after migration and a lot of work. For example, I can translate six floors fine to DWG and the garage two floors won't. Just can't seem to get all the views to show correctly and update in the layouts.So far no major disapearing acts though.

I just realized that I changed the topic -- old age creeps up again.

Lew Bishop
G5 dual 2.0 4GB
OSX 10.7 - AC 10 mostly
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got the vanishing views problem. I've been using AC10 with migrated projects for about a month now and had no problems.

Yesterday I had nearly finished our new office template, opened it up for one last edit and... no more views!

The template was created from the AC10 template,
- pen sets copied over from one of our migrated jobs,
- layers and composites copied directly from our 9 template using the attribute manager
- layout masters merged from a 9 layout book

Although all the views vanished, not all of the sheets in the layout book did. I had set up a bunch of subsets, each with some sheets in, and some of these sheets had drawings placed on them.
- All of the folders disappeared,
- All of the masters reset to A1 (from A4 and A3)
- Some of the masters retained their information, some lost it
- The sheets that had drawings placed on them remained

Has any one heard/figured out any thing more on this? Is it a migration problem?
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Has any one heard/figured out any thing more on this? Is it a migration problem?
This happened to me as I was working on a module, 100% certain that I am working on the thing I saved as PLN ... under an impossible deadline, of course.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen