cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Angled Pictures

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the library parts is a picture which allows you to import images.
Does anyone know how this could be angled ? I would like to lean the picture back 15 degrees.
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
SEARCH GDL OBJECT DEPOSITORY FOR "PARAPICTURE"
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight.
Where would the GDL object directory be ?
Rgds
Dwight
Newcomer
Returning to the Archicad Forum Index, you'll find it near the bottom of the list.

Look under the General folder....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight.
By the way I have just bought your Lightworks book will I need to get a supplement for Archicad 11 ?
Also thinking about getting Cinema 4D - could you identify the advantages - is there more polish ?
Rgds
Rob Warren
Dwight
Newcomer
Register your book. See page 3.

Supplement to 11 will be only about three pages long.
Addresses newly implemented displacement shaders...... not earth shaking changes. You can wait. Get 10 supplement instead. Register.

Sort of busy with Deep Ellum Gateway Presentation this week.

Perhaps sometime in July......

Cinema 4D fun but complex. Professional quality with almost all of the features you could want. Even controls sound volume from placed microphones in an animation. Not that you'll ever need it.
Some commitment to new terminology and technique required.ie: To me "caustic" was soda. But "No!" It is a description of light decay on a diffuse surface. I think.

Complex light/material interaction requires lots of experimentation for superior result.

I believe that the only thing you are missing in Cinema 4D is the treeswaveinthewind feature of Electricimage.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,
We're designing a gallery with glass cases with the lighting externally and using the parapicture objects you kindly told us about within.
We've found two things :
1 The glass won't let light through to light the object beyond
2 The parapicture object itself seems to be transparent
I feel sure you'll have an explanation of this but we can't understand it - the glass is on a fully transparent setting.
Generally we're trying to create an atmospheric gallery with low ambient and spotted highlights - do you have any pearls of wisdom ?
Rob
Dwight
Newcomer
Please post result.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwight,
Appreciate your help
Have added an illustrative images as follows.
Spot in Case shows the effect of light on the subject but also the transparency of the parapicture. I couldn't get the same light to illuminate the subject from the other side of the glass.
In the event it may be that internal case lights would be most appropriate - they might use fibre-optics so I might pursue this aspect but still would like to understand the nature of spots and glass transparency. BTW have used the 'spotlight general source' and library spot without effect.
In terms of the general gallery I intend to make the stone less shiny but would also like low general light levels with punches of light - at the moment its totally flat and grey - a few hints would be most appreciated.
Could email you further images if this would clarify
Rgds & Thanks
Rob Warren
Dwight
Newcomer
Nice composition - interesting geometry.

The parapicture is not transparent - it just doesn't seem to cast a shadow. It's lack of three dimensions might have something to do with that.
How would you fix the situation? Hmmmm? Like a piece of black card backing the parapicture or something?

I light my scenes as a photographer would, only using architectural light for props - at low levels that don't affect the overall scene illumination.

You are a fool to try and light this display using Archicad lights as if they were real.

For instance: the light cone. The dialog box leads us to believe that it should be a point light source, but it becomes scalding and harsh this way. If you exaggerate the source diameter it becomes an excellent room illuminator while retaining soft shadows and directionality.
Dwight Atkinson