Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 - Text Bug... cursor jumps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone out there have this problem? I know my office does! When editing text, the cursor will jump while in mid-type. Any advice or tips on how to correct this problem. I've downloaded the most recent HotFix but no luck.
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried again with the folders. Still no problem. I only put in just enough dummy layouts to do the test. Perhaps it has to do with how heavily loaded the set it.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am willing to offer an ArchiCAD T-shirt to anyone who can reliably repeat this bug with a text placed on the floor plan. I have seen this bug myself, I was even able to capture it in a movie, but I have tried several times since, and can't repeat it for the life of me. You have to have a wrapped text and then start entering new text at the beginning of the text, but there is something else to it. The developers are aware of this problem, but can't track it down, until we can reliably repeat this.

Note that many other Mac text problems are caused by the fact that ArchiCAD 14 uses a new text engine - we had no choice but to implement the Core Text engine, which all other current Mac apps use. Check out this article:
http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/MacTextProblems
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Wait a minute, I just checked the status of this bug, and a guy at QC figured this out: it has to do with the zoom level and the text size. It happens at certain zoom levels with certain font size.

We'll keep the t-shirt, but this will get fixed.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Nice work on the text box deal...

BTW... is this new FONT system a step in the right direction from apple? I've yet to see the benefit. (I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
The Navigator, on the other hand, is EVERY TIME...

1. Open Navigator and open a folder and select a LAYOUT (actually make it the current layout / bold letters, etc.)
2. Scroll the Navigator so that the previously selected layout no longer appears in the window of the navigator..
3. Try to double click any folder or layout in the current navi-window.
4. The navigator will jump to display the current layout in the navi-window and your 2nd click will be on something else...
No problems here (Windows machine though) and I have quite a long list of layout pages.
Double clicking a layout opens that layout and double clicking a folder just expands the folder.

Have you tried on other machines yourself with the same result?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
Ok... Thanks Matthew...I did explain it wrong (cuz that's the way my memory is these days)...

1. Open up navigator palette
2. Select any layout that's INSIDE a folder... It does not need to be the current...
3. Close the folder
4. Select a different folder and the folder containing the selected layout will POP open...

I'm trying to attach my .mov from snapz....
Nope - definintely doesn't happen like your movie.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I don't mean to always accuse Teamwork, but are either of you testing in a TEAMWORK environment?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
I don't mean to always accuse Teamwork, but are either of you testing in a TEAMWORK environment?
No - solo project.
I have never used teamwork (no need for me) but it does sound like there are still a few glitches in it.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
vfrontiers wrote:
1. Open up navigator palette
2. Select any layout that's INSIDE a folder... It does not need to be the current...
3. Close the folder
4. Select a different folder and the folder containing the selected layout will POP open...
I get EXACTLY THE SAME, as seen on your clip. It happens in TW, i DOES NOT happen in solo projects.
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL