cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 freezes up/crashes/slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anybody else having crashes, freezes, slow action in ArchiCAD 14? the program acts like it is busy with something and I have to wait until it is ready when for example using the orbit tool. Orbit a bit, then it gets tired? and makes me wait.
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone happy with the standard of performance AC14 is giving?

Is anyone successfully running AC14 in an office Teamwork environment?

Is anyone running AC14 successfully with all of the Cadimage tool add-ons?

Has anyone actually setup AC14 in an office and had it working as good as, or better, than AC13?

Is it really worth the hassle of trying to use AC14? Of course we'd like to use it, because the investment has been made in purchasing AC14, but with the wasted time and frustration with bug reports, crashes and the slow performance, it doesnt seem worth it, especially when we had AC13 running quite smoothly.

If anyone is successfully running AC14 please let us know, because it doesnt seem possible.

For now we will continue to use AC13.

Boo Graphisoft, boo.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply fuzzymike2002, and we could not have put it better ourselves, and agree that AC14 is not yet fit for use.

As a practice, we are considering that we stick with AC13 and move away from UAS and upgrades etc. as all we get is the same old problem with every new release.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seem that the major problems that are occuring are all on Mac based op systems Either running straight or through a secondary windows based system Acad is only 32bit on a mac os so subsequently can only address 4 gig ram if your lucky If run as a windows app you have had to split your allocation of ram, part for primary OSX opp system and part for Win system All a compromise. I guess we who use those flashy looking PCs (True meaning "Personal Computer" though used by Msft for everything controlled by them) that dont seem to get viruses etc will have to pay the cost and hopefully when AC15 arrives we can finally use 64bit I seem to recall that this software was originally written for Mac Please correct me if I am wrong Also I noted that the BIM presentation on Graphisoft the other night was presented on a Win based version of the app
Anonymous
Not applicable
If only it was that simple.

The problems we experience are basic, and resurrect themselves every time a new version is launched.

Although there are other more serious issues within teamwork which cause a lot of frustration, we feel this software is not yet ready for public distribution, and don't get me started on BIM, which again, this software is not there yet.

we pride ourselves in this office on retaining a live model all the way through construction, but when you have, for example, 2D electrical symbols with no 3D attributes, which would enable room elevations to show outlet points etc. we tend to moan a little.

As you can probably tell, we are very unhappy, as we are a small practice we cannot afford hours of down time because of issues within the software, If we could, we would roll the projects that are in AC14 back to AC13, but there are library issues and also CADimage problems associated with that, so we wait for a hot fix to solve all our problems
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mike, cadaron,

Please do get in touch with your local tech support. There are many firms who are successfully using ArchiCAD 14 - I would definitely recommend 14 over 13 - but there might be issues that we at GRAPHISOFT are unaware of and which have to be fixed. We have to get the details of specific issues to be able to do that.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Rakela Raul
Participant
Mister GS,

It seems more effective to contact GS directly, here. At the same time, users can take measures to prevent and/or work around the issue.

Then, you GS, as the most interested party, can contact the appropriate personnel (local reseller) to help your own customer... or better yet, do it yourself !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rakela,

I did actually notify our UK partner too, and we do often get in contact with users via ArchiCAD-Talk. I am just trying to do some promotion for our Technical Support - they are there to help!
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
it was those lousy ATI Radeon 1900X graphics cards that Apple placed in the early Intel Mac Pro's (1.1) in October 2006; have gone through 7 of them till I found the NVidia cards, now fly around w/o problems in 14.

gkmethy wrote:
Rakela,

I did actually notify our UK partner too, and we do often get in contact with users via ArchiCAD-Talk. I am just trying to do some promotion for our Technical Support - they are there to help!