Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 3 (build 3482) released

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released Hotfix 3 (build 3482) for ArchiCAD 16. It solves several crashes, fixes documentation, selection, display issues and IFC related problems. It also improves performance in certain cases.
The Hotfix is currently available through the automatic update system for INT, USA, AUS, NZE, GER, AUT, NED and SWE language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass QC. You can find a list of fixed bugs in the release note:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC16-3270to3482-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here: Edit / Reshape / Linework Consolidation...
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Please oh please make it flipping possible to DOWNGRADE with these HOTFIXES....

It's not a matter of avoiding the issues with the new hot fix... I HAVE to downgrade to get into a BIM SERVER... It'll cost me about 3hours of uninstall / reinstall and upgrade....

Yes, I would like some cheese with that WHYNE...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
JaredBanks
Mentor
IF you want to strip an installation of AC of its hotfixes, you can pop in the install disk and run the install program (I assume the download from myarchicad.com would work as well). Instead of installing it will run a repair/fix utility. Which is wonderful when there's something goofy about your installation. But the (usually) unpleasant side effect is that it strips the hotfixes away and returns ArchiCAD to its native state.

So run that, then reinstalll Hotfix #2. Should be faster than uninstall/reinstall. Of course be warned that it'll remove all your settings. Did this a 2 weeks ago for other reasons and lost all my work environments. Oops.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Jared.... Nice tip... I did, however, do the uninstall routine last night... Turns out it was only a 45min hit... and I, too, had to dig around for some old WORK ENVIRONMENTS...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Still claim it would be valid to have the DOWNGRADE option... especially knowing that the original DVD can essentially do this... Why not have FIX / REPAIR in the HOTFIX releases?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

JaredBanks
Mentor
Agreed. If that option is on the disk, why can't it be a little program sitting in the ArchiCAD folder as well? Or why can't each Hotfix have the ability to strip the current hotfix installation (whether higher or lower) and replace it. That'd be cool.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always make a copy of current installation before upgrading. This way it's just rename of the folders and deleting the new one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miki wrote:
I always make a copy of current installation before upgrading. This way it's just rename of the folders and deleting the new one.
Yup! This is what I do for each hotfix. Saved me on this latest one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you please advise what folders you copy - sounds well worth it!
Barry Kelly
The entire Archicad program folder.
Make as many copies as you like - one for each hotfix as you install them.
Then when ever you need to go back just re-name or delete the current program folder and change the name of the copied folder back to its original name (i.e. "Archicad 16").

You can even create shortcuts to run each of the varius versions without renaming them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11