Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Find the official announcement and new features at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-18/overview/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
152 REPLIES 152
laszlonagy wrote:
Bricklyne, did you report these to your reseller?
If this happens only on AC18, I am sure GS would like to know about it.
And yes, these crashes are unique to AC18 only.

Crashes on AC17 (while extremely rare - it has all the most recent hotfixes) never used to force me to have to resort to a hard reboot of the entire computer to be able to use ArchiCAD again, and at least it would give you the option of the bug reporter screen on it's way out.

With AC18 you don't even get the bug reporter screen so I'm not even sure how Graphisoft would be getting any feedback on what's causing them if there's no way for it to send a crash or bug report back to them before you have to restart the machine.

There are obviously other problems and bugs with the program as well (like materials and surfaces not updating in the 3D Window, when you make an adjustment and some crashes and freezing with the layouts) but none as serious as these mysterious hangs and freezes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working in licensed czech version of Archicad 17 with paid support pack. And as every year I am wondering, why do I have to wait for months after the new version of archicad is officially released for upgrading my license key to allow me working in the latest version? I understand that the translation takes some time, but I don't mind working in english (or better said "international") version of the archicad in the meantime (to be honest, I don't mind using the English version at all, because your translation is sometimes quite confusing). Why don't you allow all users, who are paying almost the same amount of money for the license and annual upgrades all over the world, I assume, upgrade their license keys at the same moment once the new version is released (and all the interesting videos and keynotes about the new features watched – and then forgot again during the months...)? Once you release the local versions and allow us from the rest of the world upgrade the license keys, we can use the English version anyway, so what's the point? Are we not all living in the same world, competing each other globally no matter where our practices are located and paying the same money for the license?
Btw, when will be the local versions of the new archicad 18 finally released this year?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are right, it takes quite a lot of time and effort to create, test and release all those 20+ localized versions. It does takes month.
But I think this issue a something you should address to your local reseller in the Czech Republic and ask them to lobby at Graphisoft for these changes. If they communicate this to Graphisoft as something Czech users want has probably greater effect then posting it here on ArchiCAD-Talk.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27