Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 is shipping in mid-September!

Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are happy to announce on ArchiCAD-Talk that ArchiCAD 9 will be released in September 2004. Shipment will start with the INT, US and GER versions followed by other localized language versions over the coming months. Based on the results of extensive beta testing we are confident that this version will be the most robust version of ArchiCAD ever. Please check www.graphisoft.com for the official press release on ArchiCAD 9! And... enjoy!

Bence Kovacs
Vice President

ArchiCAD Product Management
Graphisoft
174 REPLIES 174
Thomas Holm
Booster
I have just looked through the AC9 demos on AC's web site.

In one word: Impressive!

It's obvious that this time, they've made user experience the first priority. (Dragged copy remains selected, dockable palettes, savable user environments ["profiles"], Lightworks, better PDF integration, etc etc).

Take a look!

Thomas
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where are the demos? I cannt find them.
A link please?
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Here you go http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac9/newfeatures/

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like grinning so i may say that the first impession is that there are very few new features but there is much improved functionality and improvement in usabillity but very very few new features. Just look at the long wish of wishes.
Karl Ottenstein
oreopoulos wrote:
I like grinning so i may say that the first impession is that there are very few new features but there is much improved functionality and improvement in usabillity but very very few new features. Just look at the long wish of wishes.
My impression is quite different: there are many new productivity features. Perhaps some are subtle, but they add up to a must-have upgrade IMHO, even without the new LightWorks rendering engine. LightWorks is like icing on the cake! 😉

Yes, many wishes are still not granted, so we may have to wish louder. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My first and basic wish would be when are we going to get walls that don't have to be vertical?

As for the rest, IMO, it should've been named 8.5 not 9... BUT, the optimization for OS X is very welcome!
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

My impression is quite different: there are many new productivity features. Perhaps some are subtle, but they add up to a must-have upgrade IMHO, even without the new LightWorks rendering engine. LightWorks is like icing on the cake! 😉

Yes, many wishes are still not granted, so we may have to wish louder. 😉

Karl
I see your point of view but if you take a look to the wish list and polls here only 1-2 made it here. Most of the new features may help in increased productivity but i cannot expect a new version with mostly productivity improvements.
The only important working feature i see it the text tool. Ok for the docable palletes and the user profiles but if you would have to choose wouldnt you choose the text tool?

I hope the feature list is longer. I was hoping for much more after 2 years
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
I think its more, if we put in this wish in here what will happen over there.

We all have our wishes and hopes for the coming versions of ArchiCAD but we can't forget that they have to be implemented into the existing code. What I'm basically trying to say is easier said than done, well in this case easier whished than made true.

I, like Karl, belive that there is enough new content/features to warrant a full version upgrade. Just take a look at the new work environment, coverfills and not to forget the seamless DWG intergration, just to name a few.

My 2cents.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a long wish list and less than 1% of those wishes makes it to the next version then sorry but we are heading nowhere. I means that we will cover the wishes in 100 years.. next time the olympics come to athens.
You said about dwg integration..Is that critical? Hardly. The text editor was critical and is a great feature. Hatches on slabs roofs etch is another great one. Saves time. They didnt even change the stairmaker witch is the longer poll in the wish list.

Am i going crazy or you are satisfied with what they give you?