Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD.MEP 25/26/27/27+ Sewer library. Own development.

masterslug
Contributor

Hello. I have been developing my own libraries for ArchiCAD and MEP Modeler for 10 years and have come to the following conclusions.
The developers mainly support ventilation. And the direction is industrial facilities.

The Grafisoft company gave us all the opportunity to supplement and develop our own libraries. I have more than 1000 of them. And of course, with the release of ArchiCAD 27, all the libraries that were developed by enthusiasts from different countries died. At the same time, the new MEP product is ambiguous. Industrial facilities are designed by departments. And as for networks, no one in the company is engaged in the adaptation of their own libraries. The company's libraries do not work.

For many reasons, I decided to develop my own libraries that will not depend on the company's vector, add-ons, etc. My library works without this. And for the design of residential buildings, my solution is quite convenient. Tracing and other things in the company's version are not very important to us. Although solving this issue is not a problem, but then you will have to use a proprietary tracer. For us, designers of small buildings, it is not automation that is important, but the conformity of the sizes of the products, the normal output of information in the catalogs and the appearance, if possible.

I present to you a video that may inspire you to follow my path

Operating system used: Windows

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author