Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD not responding

David Bearss
Booster
This is starting to happen very often and pretty much anytime I transition from 2D to any 3D view, section, elevation, and now most consistently the 3D window. Task manage displays ArchiCAD not responding and I have to end process to be able to restart, recover the project and continue working. This is a problem that I posted some time ago that mainly pertained to sections but the only hung for a period then finished generating.

Anything I can be looking for? Might this be a developing hardware issue? Granted my desktop is not the most up to date.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
David Bearss
Booster
Continuing to work and have switched to using internal engine instead of open GL and problem has seemed to be solved. Therefore am wondering if there are some issues with open GL settings?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Barry Kelly
Probably not a problem with the settings in Archicad.
But have you updated the drivers for your video card?
OpenGL uses the video card so I would be guessing that is your weak point.
If updating drivers doesn't work then you might want to look at updating the card or if you can the whole machine - it does sound a little old.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Bearss
Booster
Updated the card and drivers some time ago. Work load seems to be picking up regularly so am agreeing that the hardware is due for an upgrade.
Thanks.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram