Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 10 MacTel Beta Feedback

archislave
Enthusiast
The Beta of the OSX universal release is running fast and stable on a Macbook with 512 mb ram. I would say it is almost equal to the iMac G5 with 1.5 gb ram!

The one thing that puzzles me about the beta is that it seems to have a totally different menu structure and does not seem to have a measure tool. It also did not seem to ship with templates or the default icon strip at the top. I don't know if it is because it is a work in progress or if I a missing something in my installation.

I think it is ready as far as speed and stability go!
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
23 REPLIES 23
__archiben
Booster
to add a little more to the confusion, and in the hope that someone in the red fortress is listening . . .

this is a screenshot from the mactel version, all layout hierarchy restored, etc.

the 'project indexes schemes' dialogue does not recognise that the layout subsets exist despite them showing clearly in the pop-up and in the navigator . . . weirdness.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
owen
Newcomer
I am getting the same thing in the PPC version ... I just figured it was part of my greater problem of all my Project Indexes Vanishing

Do yours at least save with the file? Every damn time I open or save a file I have to reimport my custom schemes from an XML .... and then the scheme displays the problem you are experiencing (i need to change the criteria to something else (e.g Master) and back again to pick up the MISSINGsubsets.

I had thought there was something wrong with my files as no-one else seemed to be experiencing it. I was going to test it out on a fresh file once my deadline is past but now i think maybe there is a bug in the project index scheduler (i haven't had this problem with my other custom schedule schemes).
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
here's some feedback:

................ intel-saved file (10.000 m /943) with the PPC.............~/archiben

Hi Ben,
What do you mean by "10.000 m /943"? What information about a building you are refereing to? I want to try it on my MacBook.
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have AC10 (build 943 macintel beta version on a MacBook Pro 2.0GHz running 1.5G or RAM) and AC10 can't find the Plotware Folder, even as it was exactly where the auto-installer (standard install, not customized by me in any way). I've searched the Wiki and this site - no references to this issue, so here goes...

Specifically:
When i do the Plot Set-up command, i get a message to "move the Plotware folder to either the same folder as AC10 (where it was installed automatically to begin with), or into the Graphisoft folder within the System folder, then restart AC10." There is no Graphisoft folder within the 10.4.7 System Folder, only in the old version of OS-X. I cannot plot because AC10 can't find the drivers. I've tried moving the Plotware folder all over the place and restart AC10, even move this folder all around and then restarting the machine, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the entire application and then restarting the machine, all to no avail. This is a huge problem.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

-bruce bradsby