Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
Dennis Lee
Booster
pic 2
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
pic 3
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
pic 4
REVIT4.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
New ArchiCAD ads should say: OPEN COLLABORATION , CLOSED DESIGN
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an interesting interview article about AC 14 in Architosh:

http://architosh.com/2010/05/in-depth-with-archicad-14-graphisoft-talks-to-architosh/

I just skimmed it, mostly because it doesn't apply to my day-to-day work that much, but it does lay out the groundwork for how Graphisoft sees it's future.
Dennis wrote:
pic 2
There is certainly not anything in these models that I can't model with ArchiCAD. What is the point of the pictures?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Dennis wrote:
pic 2
There is certainly not anything in these models that I can't model with ArchiCAD. What is the point of the pictures?

I think the point is that, you can do that stuff 5 times faster and have 10 times more control over parametric objects with other BIM software than with Archicad and GDL
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I was at a user group meeting here in southern California for the release of AC 13, an employee of Graphisoft was there from the east coast.

I asked him whatever happened to Visual GDL? He paused for a long moment, and said something like "It's something that Graphisoft is still very interested in". He didn't elaborate and most of the people there had no recollection of Visual GDL so the conversation just ended. But I was a little shocked.

For those of you who have not seen it, Visual GDL was an add-on of sorts that was essentially a very crude Objective. It was slow and pretty buggy but allowed you to graphically model objects that were parametric. I'm sure there are others here with better memories than mine that can elaborate.

So what did the GS guys comment really mean? Don't know, but I remain (for the moment) hopeful.

Don Lee
Stress Co_
Advisor
Brett wrote:
Stress wrote:
I wonder what would happen if Autodesk were to offer competitive trade up
pricing from AC to Revit (and I don't mean the 5%-15% off they might? offer now).
Autodesk offers 50% off for Archicad users here in NZ. Have you got a quote recently?
Just a verbal (over the phone) "..it depends on the number of Licenses", etc., they "submit a request and see what offers are available"
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can´t say that those pictures impress me. Any modeling tool can do them, even Sketchup. So Mikoaj, you can tell that "you can do that stuff 5 times faster and have 10 times more control" just by looking at them pics? Wow, that's impressive...

And the question is, have those elements associated information, or just geometry? Or can you also tell they have VB content just by looking at the pics?

And by the way, what is this fetish with stairs? All I hear is people complaining about stairs. By the sound of it, architecture is all about stairs...

And even if that was true, I never had unsolvable problems doing stairs with ArchiCAD.

So, all I see here is a concerted effort on belittling this new release, as has happened in the past, curiously from the same people or fairly new "users", which begs the question: What is this people agenda anyway?

I guess you know the answer...

For my part I will wait for the release, work with it or see it at work, then form an opinion.

And now, bring on the pain...