cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 new features on youtube.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's some youtube clips on Archicad 15 new features.

http://emuarchitects.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/archicad-15-new-features/
181 REPLIES 181
Stress Co_
Advisor
Bricklyne wrote:
That's what a Graphisoft forum looks like when a developer (or in this case, the Product Manager, or rather former Product Manager Laszlo (Laci) Neda - he's no longer with Graphisoft. Wish he was though) takes part in the forum, talks to users, solicits information, requests, and suggestions to help them improve the product.

That was in 2004, and I think just a little bit before Gallelo left the firm, the Nemetschek buy-out took place and they had a shake-up in their staff and personnel.

So you see, it can be done.
Even here.
And HERE and HERE
I know Laci is long gone, but where are Balazs Simonyi, Laszlo Vertesi and Gyuri Nyitrai??
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stress Co_
Advisor
.....An improved roof tool and it doesn't have associative profiles for the edges. Oh, please.

Not like it hasn't been wished for before:2003 Wish & 2006 Wish

... and the NEW Library objects (I've got that silly "GDL objects" song stuck in my head now, dam-it).
What I really need/want is access to the same vendor produced objects available to Revit and Sketchup users.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
FWIW (not an advert - I use ArchiCAD - just a depressing discovery)..

Need add-ons to get a workable installation of ArchiCAD?
This is nuts if true
http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2011/05/autodesk-is-giving-away-free-software.html

Customers with:
AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite
That purchased software before 5/2/11 and are on active subscription

Can migrate to: Autodesk® Building Design Suite
Standard: n/a
Premium: $0 No Cost Upgrade - Subscription renews at $975 from $725
Ultimate: Save 20% $5000 retail - Promo $4000 Subscription renews at $1495 from $725

For $0, you get
AutoCAD®
AutoCAD® Architecture
AutoCAD® MEP
AutoCAD® Structural Detailing
Autodesk® Showcase®
Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture
Autodesk® Revit® MEP
Autodesk® Revit® Structure
Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design

(read on for Ultimate)

Might be time for GS to reconsider what we get for our subscriptions...
Stress wrote:

And HERE and HERE
I know Laci is long gone, but where are Balazs Simonyi, Laszlo Vertesi and Gyuri Nyitrai??

Like I said, it's depressing looking at those past forum postings.

Imagine getting this kind of a response from a Graphisoft developer TODAY:-
Balazs wrote:
Hi!

It's no problem! We can solve it
And thanks for Your activity! We appreciate it!

Best regards
Balazs Simonyi
Product Designer
ArchiCAD Design Team
(posted Oct. 20th 2004 in the wishlist section : here )
And that was only 7 years ago.

It's like someone telling you that they appreciate your business with them and actually showing it.
What a novel concept!

My guess would be that just like Laci Neda (whom I believe was actually an architect harking back to the old days of ArchiCAD created and developed by Architects for Architects), the other two, Balazs Simonyi, Laszlo Vertesi, are likely also long gone from the firm.

What the hell happened to this place?
And more importantly what's happening to this firm?
Karl Ottenstein
Bricklyne wrote:
My guess would be that just like Laci Neda (whom I believe was actually an architect harking back to the old days of ArchiCAD created and developed by Architects for Architects), the other two, Balazs Simonyi, Laszlo Vertesi, are likely also long gone from the firm.

What the hell happened to this place?
And more importantly what's happening to this firm?
Clarence, Nicholas and others - Please keep this thread about AC 15 new features. I've started a new thread about graphisoft staff involvement in ac-talk here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36219

Please continue any discussion on that topic there.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
sinceV6 wrote:
GDL is indeed powerful. Very powerful. The logic and "smartness" of properly coded objects is just amazing. Code something right, with plenty of options, and you literally can get thousands of combinations with a single object/code. Revit doesn't come even close in this regard.
GDL is equivalent to Revit's API. So it's as GDL. All of those top notch architects use the API instead of the OOTB family editor.
sinceV6
Advocate
blobmeister wrote:
sinceV6 wrote:
GDL is indeed powerful. Very powerful. The logic and "smartness" of properly coded objects is just amazing. Code something right, with plenty of options, and you literally can get thousands of combinations with a single object/code. Revit doesn't come even close in this regard.
GDL is equivalent to Revit's API. So it's as GDL. All of those top notch architects use the API instead of the OOTB family editor.
Not exactly. AC has a separate API. The one that gets you those add-ons and extensions. The GDL scripting enviroment in AC is the equivalent to Revit's OOTB family editor.

Those top notch architects use the API to extend functionality when the software can do what they need, but not OOTB.
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
FWIW (not an advert - I use ArchiCAD - just a depressing discovery)..

Need add-ons to get a workable installation of ArchiCAD?
This is nuts if true
http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2011/05/autodesk-is-giving-away-free-software.html

Customers with:
AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite
That purchased software before 5/2/11 and are on active subscription

Can migrate to: Autodesk® Building Design Suite
Standard: n/a
Premium: $0 No Cost Upgrade - Subscription renews at $975 from $725
Ultimate: Save 20% $5000 retail - Promo $4000 Subscription renews at $1495 from $725

For $0, you get
AutoCAD®
AutoCAD® Architecture
AutoCAD® MEP
AutoCAD® Structural Detailing
Autodesk® Showcase®
Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture
Autodesk® Revit® MEP
Autodesk® Revit® Structure
Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design

(read on for Ultimate)

Might be time for GS to reconsider what we get for our subscriptions...
Yes, but on one license...you can't split it up over several people in the office....so if you're working in Revit you can't use Max on another machine...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ricosta, the point of the post is that the subscription gives the user these other tools - GS and Autodesk equivalent listed:

Ecodesigner equivalent (built in to Revit already)
MEP Modeller (Revit MEP)
Cinema 4d (3ds Max® Design)
Virtual Building explorer (Showcase)

and more...!
AutoCAD (great to tweak those pesky consultant files - we had to buy LT - now using Draftsight - free! 😉)
Showcase and Sketchbook look pretty interesting too.
and so on

Sure all are under one license, but we have to buy each of these toolsets separately. Interesting to see Autodesk beginning to use their clout to 'incentivise' new users.

The other point is that ArchiCAD users (here in Australia at least) have seen their ROI dwindle - apart from the "Australian Library" we got some Cadimage (Theometric!) tools bundled as well. We ended up having to buy various CADIMAGE suites to retain the functionality we had grown accustomed to (when that got dumped by GS Australia as part of the select agreement).
Gold subscription now gives AC updates, support and dongle insurance and the Australian library. Looks a bit meek by comparison.
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
At first I was impressed by that suite for the price, but then I imagined actually trying to manage and install all of those licenses of software and I would need 2 or 3 monster computers to handle all of it. Autodesk is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at their users, why? And how productive are their customers going to actually be? Would you want 10 varied and complicated piece of software, or one efficient and simple piece of software?

The user experience in ArchiCAD is so much more enjoyable than any of those listed in the above suite and I have the best collaboration experience as well. I don't need a 2D cad program when ArchiCAD handles DWGs and layers extremely well.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center