cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 trace reference problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
When trace reference is activated, as I move the mouse over the edge of some objects (e.g.. walls), but also 2D objects (hatches, line or poly line), windows sand-glass mark starts to flash intermittently unless the mouse moves out.
In this case, I can not even find the centre of the object (V character) and the zooming by mouse wheel or selecting objects is hard thing to do.
I have noticed that this is happening when traced drawing has different layer combination than actual drawing.
For example when I work on first floor and have traced foundations or roof with different layer combination.
Tested on two different computers (windows xp and 7, ArchiCAD15), the same. AC14 works fine.
Any experience of this behavior or any suggestions what is wrong.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anyone facing this problem ?
Stress Co_
Advisor
I haven't noticed it in 15.... but YES in earlier versions.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Arcadia
Booster
Yes this has been an issue for me right back to V12. It is a headache. In fact I find trace reference to be quite clunky for such an important facet of Archicad. I have not found a solution to it although it doesn't seem as bad in V15. I believe it may be something to do with Nvidia video card drivers which is surprising given I use Quadro cards. I have a new system on order that is very high specced and I have decided to go to ATI Pro cards this time to see if this helps.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like an issue we sometime get when the special snap points is set to thirds. too many polyline snap calculations for the computer to handle.

It is better with AC15.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It indeed has to do with special snap points. The problem occurs when option "Between Intersection Points" is set. Setting "Along Entire Element" will solve it.
Thanks Paul for reference to these options.