cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i am new to archicad, i was originally taught Vectorworks however i want to move to archicad as it seems a lot more flexible for 3d modelling.
I was wondering if anyone could provide any help or direct me to some useful tutorials to learn the basics of the UI?
I have had a play with Archicad 15 and simple shapes is really straight forward however i want to look into other features such as adding materials, exporting etc. as i have learnt to work with Artlantis for detailed rendering and i am unsure how to export the file so that i can edit in Artlantis also if i need to do anything to the file for example when working with vectorworks i would class each part i.e. external walls so that in artlantis i can simply drag a material to the specific area.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as i want to make the most of this software to create professional visualisations
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
i had a similar issue with vectorworks. turns out that a security setting had to temporarily changed on my computer.

i tried the same thing with your tutorials and it worked as well.

apparently something was set up wrong with the file to be downloaded. vectorworks said they "fixed" it so changing settings wouldn't be required in the future, but i don't know what they actually did.

a more pressing issue for me is that i applied for an academic license, and haven't received an answer. maybe it went to spam, where i found your notice. my trial version ends in four days. so i would like to get the academic version resolved. how should i go about resolving that.

thanks,

ray
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Ray,

we approved your academic license request on 12/14.
Thanks for your patience.
Katalin Takacs