Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad crashes when opening section or facades

Loouis
Participant

Hello,

As mentioned, whenever I try to open something other than a floor plan, most of the time it crashes. We tried on different computer, same result...

I tried rebuild from model, and I was able to open the section (once).

It's a shared file in BIMcloud, it also happens when I make a copy and open it locally.

I don't really know what to try to be honest, and I really need it to work now...

Any ideas? Thank you all for you help.

Operating system used: Windows 11 23H2

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Is it just this one file?

If so try to open it from the FILE menu > Open > Open, with the 'Open & Repair' option ticked.

Is it all sections and elevations or just some?

Can you view the entire model in 3D?

If not try isolating by layer or marquee area, to see if you can determine where the problem is.

Otherwise if it crashes, take note of the bug number and send of the bug report.

Then contact your local Archicad support and ask them to investigate that bug number.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Same here, newest update from Graphisoft 27.5030 PL. For eg. changing roof in floorplan makes AC crash after going to cross section. Also solid element operation between roof an slab + undo. Roof do not show in 3d, but exist in cross section, after reopening file it shows. Number of crashes make our work hard.

If roofs are not there in 3D but show in section, then there may be a problem with the roof.

Copy the file so you can open that and it doesn't matter what you do to it.

Try deleting the roof, cancel all SEO.

Delete layers.

Delete stories.

Try and find out what is causing the problem.

I am assuming it is only a problem with that one file.

You can try the 'open & repair' option when you open the file through the file menu.

That may fix it.

Or if you are getting bug reports, send them off and take note of the bug number.

Then contact you local support and ask if they can tell you what the problem may be.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you for the quick tip. Repairing the file on open seems to have helped. Please consider adding an option after a crash when opening a file "We noticed your file has crashed, would you like to try to fix the errors when opening the file again?"

There are many reasons why a file might cause a crash.

It could actually be a problem with the machine - especially if it occurs in more than one file.

I am not sure how the system would know to offer a repair on the file, as it has already crashed and closed and the auto-saved file can not be written to.

The auto-save file will just show up next time you start Archicad because it was never successfully deleted from the system.

Maybe the open & repair option could be in the start-up dialogue?

You could make a wish for this in the wishes forum if it is important to you.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author