cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad v.11 poll

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just recently discovered that v11 is out. I was wondering if I get could get some opinions on how people are liking it. On the Graphisoft site saw what looked like some cool new features, for one the trace paper.

I am currently on v9 with Imac G5 OS 10.3.9

Thanks to everyone in advance.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the "Trace & Reference" feature is going to surprise a lot of people by how useful it is. I've been using it for a while now and like it very much. Just be careful what you reference. Referencing a complex elevation with 3D hatching, shadows, and auto update turned on can slow things down quite a bit.
TomWaltz
Participant
Trace is a lot more useful than I expected.

I like the interior elevation tool, though it has a few glitches I hope get fixed in the first service pack.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
In your case I suggest to have first AC10.
There are not so many differences between AC10 and AC11.
Big diferrences between 9 and 10.

At last AC12 would be great.
Rakela Raul
Participant
for one the trace paper.
I scanned a survey from the engineer/ imported/ created a view of the imported survey and made it trace_reference.....I liked that new tool very much...and the few sub-tools are perfect: the handles, the show fill or not (right on), transparency, they fit in perfectly
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rick Thompson
Expert
I like being able to open a placed drawing with the sheet as a reference. It makes aligning titles much easier.. it's nice.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
TomWaltz
Participant
Rick wrote:
I like being able to open a placed drawing with the sheet as a reference. It makes aligning titles much easier.. it's nice.
I love that. My only complaint about that is that it only works on projects with the Layouts in the same file as the model. A lot of our projects have 4 or 5 PLNs plus another with the Layouts, so we cannot use it that much,
Tom Waltz
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Beside Trace function (really great improvement) there are some other "gems" that are not announced such as Transparency in OpenGL shading.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Transparency in OpenGL shading.
Is it any better from what we already had? Would you mind posting a screen shot?
We didn't have transparency in OpenGL before, so "yes" it's better.

If you're only on AC9, I would definitely upgrade -- you'll benefit greatly from the AC10 improvements alone. AC11 improvements seem minimal at first, but become very habit forming (the aforementioned Virtual Trace, Interior Elevation Tool, and the ability to link any view with any other view (no more dummy markers!).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004